Joliet Q

whats the deal with traffic on wednesday nights, ie traveling south on 294 to 55??? does that road works at Arsenal road get backed up all the way to Wisconsin or what????

i work in North Chicago, in a couple of weeks, i thinking of loading up and heading there straight from work around 3.30pm....will i get there, or just sit in traffic until 8pm, LOL?

Bruce, that bridge is down to 1 lane and there really isn't a way around it unless you go 10 miles east or west. So yeah, one accident during the day and your stuck. You should be OK leaving at 3:30, but anything is possible.

Remember, in Chicago we have 2 seasons. Winter and road construction.

Bruce, that bridge is down to 1 lane and there really isn't a way around it unless you go 10 miles east or west. So yeah, one accident during the day and your stuck. You should be OK leaving at 3:30, but anything is possible.

Remember, in Chicago we have 2 seasons. Winter and road construction.

Yeah,

That bridge is causing me grief as well. Very hard to make a 5:00 start after work. Worse, when you're held up in traffic along the way. Now with daylight cutting out earlier, getting there on time is more important.

I may try to make it tommorrow, but as you know Ron,

If I say I'm going, it'll rain. ?

I think I'll keep it quiet for now, and play it as it comes. Because of the trip to Texas, I haven't ridden since early JULY!!!! :ride:

Damn!

Nick

Yeah,

That bridge is causing me grief as well. Very hard to make a 5:00 start after work. Worse, when you're held up in traffic along the way. Now with daylight cutting out earlier, getting there on time is more important.

I may try to make it tommorrow, but as you know Ron,

If I say I'm going, it'll rain. ?

I think I'll keep it quiet for now, and play it as it comes. Because of the trip to Texas, I haven't ridden since early JULY!!!! :ride:

Damn!

Nick

Nick, I feel your pain. I rode Sunday for the first time since July 4th.

It took me a few laps to blow the cobwebs off, but after that, it was on.

Nick, I feel your pain. I rode Sunday for the first time since July 4th.

It took me a few laps to blow the cobwebs off, but after that, it was on.

Hogie,

I'm hoping I'll have the same result.

I just can't seem to string rides together, and will never build up the endurance until I do.

No amount of stationary bike, weight machine and other exercises will take the place of laps on a track.

Thanks for the encouragement.

PS. I was impressed that you started off Sunday on the SX track! ?

Nick

Hogie,

thanks for the encouragement.

PS. I was impressed that you started off Sunday on the SX track! :ride:

Nick

NPAA, Yea it was actually fun riding the SX track. I have not had the manhood to go out there since the early part of the 05 season. It seems like Justin may have tamed it down a bit, but I could have just had Dumba$$itis going on, since it had been so long since my last ride ?

Guys there is a way to bypass it pretty easy. Just take ridge all the way to rte 6. and turn left. Then go to the second stop light this is bluuf road its on the right. Bluff is the last entrance before the bridge you ar only about 200 ft from the birdge when you get on. een if this is a few miles out of the way for some it will still save time.

Guys there is a way to bypass it pretty easy. Just take ridge all the way to rte 6. and turn left. Then go to the second stop light this is bluuf road its on the right. Bluff is the last entrance before the bridge you ar only about 200 ft from the birdge when you get on. een if this is a few miles out of the way for some it will still save time.

Thanks!

Hey scrambler - I should be there, #102 on a CRF in the women's class. Have you been there since they did track changes in the past few weeks?

I've been doing race coverage for the past few races.... here's a Cycle News story with Joe's name in there: http://www.cyclenews.com/events/ShowStory.asp?HeadlineID=1729

And there will be ever bigger stories in the next few Cycle USA papers. Here is the paragraph I put in on Joe's 6/17 win:

"Zach Martino led the eleven-rider 125B class around the first turn, with Joe Smutny, Adam Pierce, and Brad Wolf in tow. Pierce gave up a position to Wolf in the opening laps, and had his hands full with Cody Siler as they battled for the fourth position. As they approached the white flag, Smutny was closing on leader Martino. Smutny then got a break on the last lap, as Martino went down in the turn after the whoops. Smutny celebrated the win with a heel clicker over the finish line tabletop. Brad Wolf finished second, while Pierce and Siler had a near photo-finish for third, with Pierce getting the nod from the scorers."

Make sure to check it the Joliet stories in the next few issues!

that's cool. We had the track rented last saturday evening so yes we have. If I ever get his 250 going it would help. Otherwise he'll be racing 125c or on in a 450 class on his cousin's bike

I'll let him know about the article, ? I've seen your number and will have to come by and say hi or you do the same. I usually park my gray lifted Excursion across the parking lot opposite the fence opening near the finish line :ride:

Guys, I figured out a way around the bridge. 55 to 80 east, go over the river and get off on IL53 south. You will go past the Speedway and drag strip. we you ger to Arsenal turn right. Follow that all the way back over the Expressway, and your home free. A little out of the way, but it will same time unitl the bridge construction is done.

BTW,

The back track at Joliet was in the best shape that I have ever seen it Wednesday night. ? I think they have the watering/grooming thing figured out. Plenty of traction, yet NO mud holes. Must be that magical sawdust mix. Nice way to start back in after missing almost a month of riding. No real large crowd either. That bridge fiasco must be keeping some people away. All in all, a great night to ride. Even if it was slowly....

Nick

Hogie, be careful with your new route as it isn`t always clear. With that new piggy back terminal there it can get pretty backed up on Arsenal Rd too. Alot of times on Thursdays on our way there the county sherriff is there directing traffic (usually making it worse).

Hogie, be careful with your new route as it isn`t always clear. With that new piggy back terminal there it can get pretty backed up on Arsenal Rd too. Alot of times on Thursdays on our way there the county sherriff is there directing traffic (usually making it worse).

Hey Spizz, long time. I know that it is kinda out of the way, but something is beter than nothing. Long time buddy, how has baseball been this summer??