Sign in to follow this  

High Sierra Ride this weekend

Sorry OD. Remember you saying you weren't a big fan of the switchbacks (something about the WST). The ones I'm talking about SLR probably won't take you through. It's basically a goat trail and make Trail 6 at FH look like HWY 80!

Now that I understand your relationship with the twisties, I'll keep your initials out of future posts regarding them.

Have a blast and I want a RR!

sweet it will be a good crew. I would much rather ride with od, peakrider, celticdude and you then have bb or slyko go. :thumbsup: I havent been on the trail but i think i have heard about it. I met a guy that lives in tahoe up here and he told me about it before.

!0 am shouldnt be a problem. I might be there early fishing. I will be coming from reno so i wil shoot over from carson city. I also have my bike running right so you have to take it for a spin

Sorry OD. Remember you saying you weren't a big fan of the switchbacks (something about the WST).

:ride: Yeah, I don't think anyone is going to call me Olde Switchback Dude. :applause:

I don't mind a few getting thrown at me now and then, but you're right, that WST nonsense with like 25 of them in a row aint for me. I did a trail like that at Downieville once, that was enough. :thumbsup:

all I want for Christmas is a rock n roll electric guitar

:applause: And the look on my daughters face when I told her I was going to her tournament...................... priceless!!!!! :applause:

:thumbsup: I'll be missing you guys. :applause: Like a bad hair day. Have a great ride. We'll have to hook up again soon! :ride:

:applause: And the look on my daughters face when I told her I was going to her tournament...................... priceless!!!!! :applause:

:thumbsup: I'll be missing you guys. Have a great ride. We'll have to hook up again soon! :ride:

we heard you the first time :applause:

Olde dude, did the software work for you

Olde dude, did the software work for you

Yeah, thanks. Now I just need to get my GPS fixed on of these days.

Dang. Guys, have a great time up there. I'd love to join you, but I'll be at a wedding in San Diego... :ride:...but, it will have a fully stocked, open bar, which should make it easier to take (at least, temporarily) :thumbsup:

brrrr, its still cold though. I got rid of the window unit. it was a false alarm. I just got home and set it a little lower and went out side to water some plants and it turned off when it should have been running. I came back inside and checked the temp and it said it was set cooler then it was in the house but wouldnt turn on. Then i realized that it was running the program instead of what i set it at. its nice in here right now.

:applause: Damn,

I was looking at all those great pictures from that last ride! THAT SPOT IS KILLER! SLR please do this again soon! Give me a GPS track! A highlighted map! Hold my hand!

Besides, I can still kick all your @sses! :applause:

It's Soccer Time! :ride:

I think Peak is bigger than BB!? Taller, not wider! :thumbsup: Olde................. switchbacks?................... :applause:

Well just got back from part one of the High Sierra Weekend. SilverLakeRider took us on an incredible tour. :ride:

We put in about 30 miles, but it what a great 30 miles of mountain singletrack and high country jeep roads. Much like the Strawberry ride, the Sierra granite provided the technical challenges. It would have definitely kicked SuperFlako's @ss (but of course he likes that). :applause:

There were thirteen of us, don't ask me who they all were, but most of them were riding Hondas. PeakRider was the day's IronMan. He busted his back brake lever early on in the ride and finished the day without back brakes. I don't know how he got through some of those downhill rock gardens without it. :thumbsup:

I'll post some pics later, I didn't take many since we were having too much fun to stop. Had a great time, THANKS EVERYONE! :applause:

:applause: TO BE CONTINUED ......................................... Part II tomorrow. :applause:

Thank you sir, may I have another".

Turned a part on the lathe tonight so rear brake is fixed. :thumbsup: I'll be there tomorrow for another day of punishment.

:applause:High Sierra Weekend Part II :applause:

Just got home from day 2 of our High Sierra Weekend, and I am done. Today's ride might have been the toughest ride I've ever been on, AND WE ONLY DID 12.5 MILES! :applause:

There were just three of us to start, me, SilverLakeRider, and PeakRider. I left a note at my truck for anyone who was late so they would know which way we went, and ShadyatBest caught up to us after a while. The ride started with what SilverLakeRider calls Three Man Trail, because it might take three men to help get your bike up parts of it. That's the first mile of the trail, after that it gets easy .............. yeah right, no more three man stuff, but definitely not easy. Switchbacks, rock gardens, some nice tree sections, more rock gardens, some loose dusty climbs, more rock gardens .............. you get the idea. We ended up doing an up and back, there's supposed to be a bridge out to prevent completing the ride as a loop, and the trail down to where the bridge used to be is a VERY STEEP switchback trail. No way I wanted to ride down that just to turn around and ride right back up it. I'll take credit for choosing not to go down it today, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't alone in not wanting to do it. :thumbsup:

The ride back was easier than the ride out, but I'm pretty sure we were all whipped when we got back to the trucks. DID I MENTION THIS WAS ONLY 12.5 MILES? :ride:

I'll post pictures later in my other thread, "High Sierra Ride Pics". Thanks guys, it was great. I might do this ride again, but definiely not on the second day of a back to back. :applause:

It was fun. I cant wait for some moist conditions so we can try that canyon out. I talked to my friend and we are going to camp where we saw that couple and i will scout out the trail up to the top.

Btw, look what i started. These high sierra rides are awesome. thanks god that slr found thumpertalk. He knows that area better then kit carson and snowshoe thompson

olde Dude, I see that you are online but its been a few since your post. If you pull the tin cans and tighten up the string you might be able to get 56k out of that dial up :thumbsup:

olde Dude, I see that you are online but its been a few since your post. If you pull the tin cans and tighten up the string you might be able to get 56k out of that dial up :applause:

Yeah, I was editing the pictures when my wife got home from hiking up to Lake Margarite (she said it was great). I showed her the pics, she's convinced we're all crazy, and is surprised that me and my bike are both in one piece. :ride:

I'll post pics a little later. :thumbsup:

Well, I finally got back to good ol' conservative Nevada. :thumbsup: Paul's toe is the size of a '58 Buick, me thinks it's definetely broken. He'll find out tomorrow when he goes and see the Doc.

Yeah, that is a tough 12 miles, I feel like a limp noodle. I like your idea Shady about doing that ride after a good rainstorm. Let us know how the "other side of the creek" looks after you go camping up there.

I'd like to personally thank everyone who showed up: Old Dude, Peakrider, Shady, TrialsTrails and his friend CJ. The Thumpertalk nation was made proud this weekend. Maybe next time we can camp and knock out some trails around Blue Lakes. Thanks again guys, cya next time. I'm going to bed.