Sign in to follow this  

MRD Pipe ?s

I just put my MRD pipe on my CRF and have a few questions. First the stock clamp that holds the head pipe and muffler will not go back on, the frame is in the way (does it need to be back on)? Next, I started the bike up and sounds good but started getting nervous when the head pipe turned gold and almost Orange??? Last, I don't think I need to do any jetting but are there any adjustments I might need to make.

Thanks

the mrd is a slip fit type so the clamp is not used , they turn gold right away , the head pipes on these bikes get red hot :ride: it should run fine on stock jets although there could be some more power if go down on the main , also you will probably have to richen the pilot screw 1/2 a turn or so if it pops on decel. thanks for trying the mrd PM me or call the 800 # any time :thumbsup:

Cool, Thanks Dave for the info. I can't wait to go out and ride. Would it possibly help keep the pipe a little cooler if I ran that Engine Ice?

Cool, Thanks Dave for the info. I can't wait to go out and ride. Would it possibly help keep the pipe a little cooler if I ran that Engine Ice?

doubt it. just ride it and the air will cool it as much as it can. pipes get hot and there isn't much you can do about it.

You can try wrapping the head pipe with heat wrap. It holds in the heat helping the thermal efficiency and keeps you from burning yourself quite so bad.

dont worry its not any hotter than your stock pipe :thumbsup: