Considering a 125.

Any riders out there on the new yz125's I need your advice.

I currently ride a yz426f. Race, and trail ride. The bike in my opinion is a great all around 4 stroke. I am in great physical shape, and can handle the weight. Lately though, I have been riding some friends 125's. Ie 2006 yz125, KTM 125 SX.

I love the feel of these bikes, nicely tuned and cared for.

My question is, I am looking to purchase a brand new bike. I am convinced on two stroke, but I am questioning a 250, because I want something I can really ride "all out". On a 125 I feel I can ride it to its max, and really enjoy the ride. Should I consider something bigger? I weigh 195, 6'2" and race beginer.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this topic....

if youre that big, you should probably go with the 250. the best thing about the 125 would be that it would feel like a toy under you after riding the 426, however the 250 2 stroke will have just a slightly heavier feel to it, but will still be a ton lighter than the old 426. the best thing about the 250 is that it will have a ton more power, and for 195lbs, thats needed. personally i would go with the yz250, but thats just me.

Try the yz 250 first. I was looking a tthe same decision your looking at. I wanted a new bike. I have always loved the feel of a good 125. There is somethign to be said about the light weight and friendly power.

I bought a yz 250 and have been very happy with it. Yamaha has taken a lot of weight off of this bike over the years. It wighs about what an older 125 did. Either bike is going to be 40-50lbs lighter than the 426.

If you get the 125, you'll miss the torque. The 125's have plenty of horsepower, just not enough torque to pull 200lb people like myself out of corners with.

I would be the first in line to buy a 175yz. Until then, the 250 works just fine.

Go with the 250. They are more fun IMO than 125s. On a 250 you can ride them in the middle and still be going fast. On a 125 you have to keep the revs up and that can lead to problems on slippery corners or dry ones. You can also hit soft corners really hard on a 250 and still pull yourself out. On a 125 sometimes you hit a berm too hard and just flop over, cause you went in too deep and the bike can't pull you out.

i've been riding my 98 cr250 with some work done to it, and then i get on my 125 and it feels like a bicycle that i can ride as hard as i want. the 250 just wears me out quick though because of it's power and weight. i'm 5'10" 185lbs and am a fairly skilled rider.

if you can handle the power of the 426 i'm sure you could handle the power of a 250 and like it a lot.

I recently sold my YZ125 and miss it a ton. I am 6',220 lbs and 48 yo and it hauled me around faster than most of the youngsters that ride around here.

A good 125 rider can ride anything fast. You might be better on a 250 or 250F but don't discount a great deal on a tiddler. ?

Hey,

Was thinking of getting a CR 125, was told the Kg limit on these were approx 80kgs (176lb for the nonmetrics).

Is this true?????

Im 5 9 and 202lbs, Ihave short arse legs and wont touch the ground on a 250

As a riding spastic, I struggle with the size of my DT 175 Yammy, hence I'm not too good.

please keep your BALLS off the wall ?

ok i'll put them back on your chin where they were!!!! just kidding lol couldnt resist

and johno72, if you get the 125 i'd think you'd have to do a bit of suspension work, but if the 250 power is too scary I guess a 125 can take the abuse :ride:

ok i'll put them back on your chin where they were!!!! just kidding lol couldnt resist

and johno72, if you get the 125 i'd think you'd have to do a bit of suspension work, but if the 250 power is too scary I guess a 125 can take the abuse :ride:

Right on the chin mate, ? was told to change the back spring to take my lard arse weight