Why is CHAD REED going Privateer?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see how being on your own team vs factory hurts look at all the millions more nascar guys are making now vs when they were factory. Think about it

and it is the future and way for our sport to grow. Outside sponsership is bringing in more fans and in turn will make motocross/supercross larger.

Chad is doing this for 2 very basic reasons.

1. Just like McGrath, He can call his own shots and pick which series or type of racing he enjoys most. In both cases it's Supercross.

2. By having new outside sponsors, the rider for these teams gets to pocket a bit more money and not be tied to a "Factory" contract which usually stipulates in advance what types of racing/series the rider is expected to participate in...again, calling his own shots.

Dont count the ones they crashed in?????????????

That is called being consistant.......Buddy........

Stewart would win all of them I think if he didnt crash and hurt himself

BUT he does not ride like that HE is BALLS out all the time

Fast yes consistant NO

REED is fast and consistant just not close to RC or JS in speed

So far this outdoor season, with the exception of Highpoint mud race the only races JS has won is when RC crashed, Period. Other than that he finished second or worse.

When RC leaves, someone else will step it up (most likely Villopoto or Millsaps). Reed will never be out front again. If he truly wanted to win he'd stay on a factory team, going privateer is all about the money, and not winning. I'm excited for him to die out, that way we won't have to listen to all the whining any more.

but you dont mind RC,s whinning? i dont get it. as far as all the other riders getting faster then why is Reed still beating 47 guys a week? i think the truth is RC and JS have stepped it up (some may say beyond control) and Reed has remained where he was last year. IMHO CR is great to watch he has incredible technique and style when he rides.

i think the truth is RC and JS have stepped it up (some may say beyond control) and Reed has remained where he was last year.

Excactly, Reed is exacty where he was last year. Next year he will be in the same place, or worse. Younger riders are begging to step it up, Reed is staying where he has been for two years now.

Just wait, Reed consistantly getting 3rd places will start to end, as more and more riders are starting to step it up to the next level. Soon Reed will be getting 4th, then 5th, and so on.

Just look at how much Short, Villopoto, and Millsaps have stepped it up in the past year while Reed remains that same speed.

Excactly, Reed is exacty where he was last year. Next year he will be in the same place, or worse. Younger riders are begging to step it up, Reed is staying where he has been for two years now.

Just wait, Reed consistantly getting 3rd places will start to end, as more and more riders are starting to step it up to the next level. Soon Reed will be getting 4th, then 5th, and so on.

Just look at how much Short, Villopoto, and Millsaps have stepped it up in the past year while Reed remains that same speed.

i dont buy it yeah CR is in third but 4th is very distant behind him. and not for nothing he manages to stay on the bike more than both RC and JS and with they way they are crashing and cutting each other off its only time till someone gets seriously hurt.

Yamaha's 2007 team is Langston, Hepler and Hill. No matter how much Reed steps it up he will never be in the same league as RC and JS, no one ever will, but he IS the third fastest man on the planet, yeah, he finishes third, 30 seconds behind RC and JS in every race, but fourth place finishes 30 to 45 seconds behind him too.

Please note the ten fastest lap time from Washougal. Where is reed on this list? 3rd fastest rider on the planet, I don't think so.

02:16.371

Practice 2

Ricky Carmichael

Havana, FL

Suzuki RMZ450

02:17.140

Practice 4

James M Stewart

Haines City, FL

Kawasaki KX450F

02:21.031

Practice 4

Michael L Brown

Johnson City, TN

Suzuki RMZ450

02:21.927

Practice 4

Kevin W Windham

Centreville, MS

Honda CRF450R

02:22.035

Practice 4

Travis A Preston

Hesperia, CA

Honda CRF450R

02:22.226

Practice 2

Jeff Dement

Kingwood, TX

Suzuki RMZ450

02:22.349

Practice 1

Daniel Sani

Clovis, CA

Honda CRF450R

02:22.446

Practice 4

Michael Byrne

Menifee, CA

Kawasaki KX450F

02:22.635

Practice 4

David D Millsaps

Cairo, GA

Honda CRF450R

02:22.852

Practice 2

Timmy M Ferry

Largo, FL

Honda CRF450R

Please note the ten fastest lap time from Washougal. Where is reed on this list? 3rd fastest rider on the planet, I don't think so.

02:16.371

Practice 2

Ricky Carmichael

Havana, FL

Suzuki RMZ450

02:17.140

Practice 4

James M Stewart

Haines City, FL

Kawasaki KX450F

02:21.031

Practice 4

Michael L Brown

Johnson City, TN

Suzuki RMZ450

02:21.927

Practice 4

Kevin W Windham

Centreville, MS

Honda CRF450R

02:22.035

Practice 4

Travis A Preston

Hesperia, CA

Honda CRF450R

02:22.226

Practice 2

Jeff Dement

Kingwood, TX

Suzuki RMZ450

02:22.349

Practice 1

Daniel Sani

Clovis, CA

Honda CRF450R

02:22.446

Practice 4

Michael Byrne

Menifee, CA

Kawasaki KX450F

02:22.635

Practice 4

David D Millsaps

Cairo, GA

Honda CRF450R

Practice 2

Timmy M Ferry

Largo, FL

Honda CRF450R

thats a great list (although its a practice list not from the race) but no matter how you wanna look at it he finished 3rd you can show all the lists you want but the truth is in the results and we all have seen them, and by the way your list is for fastest single lap you cant actually tell me you really think that Ferry, Sani, Dement, Brown etc. are actually faster riders than Reed

Practice 2

Timmy M Ferry

Largo, FL

Honda CRF450R

FIRST OFF

1. They dont bust out and haul ass in practice.... (sometimes they do)

2. Fastest practice laps are total BS

3. Who had 3rd fastest lap time in the race? MIKE BROWN???? NOT

4. Fastest laps are not what matters unless you can do it for 13 -15 laps

5. He hardly crashes as RC & JS but I think RC crashes because at JS speed ya got to hang it out

The rest of what you said was stupid too

LOL J/K Dont get pissy ?

http://www.adbmag.com/news_show.php?id=1124

Chad Reed's new MX team for 2007-2008

07 August 2006

Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to announce its support for the newly formed L&M Racing team, poised to contest the 2007-2008 Supercross series. Supercross Champion, and current Yamaha Factory racer, Chad Reed and former West Coast “Lites” Champion Nathan Ramsey will race under the L&M tent aboard Yamaha YZ450Fs this coming season.

Team Manager, Larry Brooks has the experience, credentials and top racing talent enabling L&M Racing to be competitive right out of the gate. A former factory racer and Team Manager for the Chaparral Yamaha team, Brooks was a key component in Jeremy McGrath’s three-year Supercross championship reign; the first, and to this day, the only outside team to ever win an AMA Supercross

Championship.

“We have the utmost confidence in Larry Brooks, Reed and Ramsey and feel this team will further promote the Yamaha brand,” explains Yamaha Racing Division Manager, Keith McCarty. “It’s another step in the right direction for motocross and we are confident L&M Racing will attract additional outside sponsors that, in turn, will create more interest and visibility for our sport.”

The L&M Racing Team will concentrate on the AMA and World Supercross Championships and additional stadium races during the 2007 and 2008 series. Team L&M Racing will provide a more detailed racing scheduled and team sponsors soon.

Seems to me like Factory riders would make more money????????????? ?

factory riders make more money but it doesn't cost the factory as much to "back" a rider. they probably just got two riders for less than what they paid reed last year :ride:

Yamaha's 2007 team is Langston, Hepler and Hill. No matter how much Reed steps it up he will never be in the same league as RC and JS, no one ever will, but he IS the third fastest man on the planet, yeah, he finishes third, 30 seconds behind RC and JS in every race, but fourth place finishes 30 to 45 seconds behind him too.

Look at the points standings, that's what matters. Chad Reed is 2nd, not 3rd. Consistency is just as , or probably more important than fast! If you can't stay on two wheels where does that leave you, 6th maybe?

As of right now, Chad Reed is 2nd best, it's very simple. ?

BLA BLA BLA, first you guys say that Reed is the 3rd fastest rider in the world, then you say fastest times don't matter, but consistancy does.

I've heard that Reed follows these forums. Is that you Reed? How many screen names do you have? So far I see two possibilities, Gene426 and sde628.

BLA BLA BLA, first you guys say that Reed is the 3rd fastest rider in the world, then you say fastest times don't matter, but consistancy does.

I've heard that Reed follows these forums. Is that you Reed? How many screen names do you have? So far I see two possibilities, Gene426 and sde628.

Well your a Fountian of Total bullcrap information ! ! !

And you are right

This is Chad Reed ................

NOT ! ! ! !

I know, right? Whenever someone says something bad about Reed, they come outta nowhere and defend him.