New FCR 39 Flat Side,NO IDLE

My first help post :applause:

I purchased a new 39 Flatside ,,from the Motorcycle carb place after

they told (TT) me that I would not get a carb,,after the purchase TTstore

calls and said Im number 11,,5 hours late<

They will not tell what jets are installed (trade Secret) so all I can tell you

is it starts,,,but does NOT Idle,,turned the idle way up,,pops on decel,,

stock pipe,,3X3 hole,,petcock on prime,,no nipple yet,, ?:ride::applause:

im pretty sure that version of the cabr has a vacuum port for the petcock.it probably open to the air right now and you have a giant leak.

you will still need to correct the jetting at some point.they dont even come close,but it shoudl still at least idle.

You really need to know what components are in your carb. I was told which were in mine but checked them each for proper numbers and clip position. With out knowing, you and others will be chasing their tails.

im pretty sure that version of the cabr has a vacuum port for the petcock.it probably open to the air right now and you have a giant leak.

you will still need to correct the jetting at some point.they dont even come close,but it shoudl still at least idle.

So could I take the little black hose off the OEM carb and connect to this vacuum port (wherever that IS) too the vacuum port of the petcock

and solve my problem,,thanks ED I will just order the jets you prescribe and do it myself

How in the WORLD do you that this company sells this kinda carb

UNREAL ,,thanks MAN,, :ride: Im glad I did this before you took a day off

Im going for its maiden voyage 8:30 am,,Oh BTW,,,RTFM,,the vacuum port

is next too the choke ?

so how is your carb working now.I am thinking of buying from the same place

-Its OK,,I am having several problems,,They will not tell me what jets are installed..?? Now I need to take the carb back out,,find out what jets are installed..buy the jets prescribed by DR.Burned..I am also about to post a new

thread ,,in 5th gear high RPM'S 1/2 TO FULL is a big time BOG and hesitation

But the power is there ,,a definite power upgrade much MORE then jetting the mikini..it also comes with that vacuum port..meaning I do not have to run the bike on prime I still have my reserve,,buy the extended fuel screw before installation