Sign in to follow this  

Pilot jet specs?

I rang a sudco distributor in australia regarding a purchase of a 38 pilot jet and 75 pilot air jet for the FCR39 OEM. (Is the 75 pilot air jet standard in the aussie E?)

They wanted to know the length in millimetres of the pilot jet. Anyone know this off the top of their head?

Sorry im not sure what im looking for on those sites.

Sudco distrubitors just asked me the length of the pilot jet i need.

I've removing my coast enrichener and going the 38 pilot / 75 Air jet as suggested by Burned.

Damnit. Already ordered the 28mm as mentioned by zrxsteve :thumbsup:

Will the 28mm fit?

OEM DRZ FCR pilot fuel jet is 15mm long

I know for a fact that mine are 28mm. I have 2 of them in front of me now.

My digital caliper reads 28mm long and 5mm diameter. Maybe they are not all the same. Mine is 2004 DR-Z400E. Best thing to do is take it out and check !

Will do. the pilot fuel and air jet are on their way. I have an 06 DRZE so hopefully they are the same.

Thanks.

I just verified the pilot jet size in my carb - 2000 DRZ400E with OEM 39FCR: The jet is 15mm long. I do not know if Keihin or Suzuki has changed that on newer carbs. I do not know if different jets will work in your carb or what jet an 06 E takes. But mine are right for my carb and they are 15mm. I do know there are various different models of 39 FCR that do use different jets. Eddie would know. You could PM him.

Vash, your pilot fuel jet is about 10mm long - different to XRSteve's, I have just had my carb apart and my bike is same model as yours

You have ordered the wrong one, sorry to say.

It looks like a small flat head screw with a small tube with holes, thread is aprox. 5mm, not 6mm.

I just ordered one from Show and Go Motorcycles in SA after Ballards sent the wrong one and were unaware the pilot is different to most other FCR carbs for some reason.

On the left is 15mm. On the right is 28mm. I ordered the 15mm 1st time & they did'nt fit !! Mine came with the 1 on right.

Jets.jpg

Vash, your pilot fuel jet is about 10mm long - different to XRSteve's, I have just had my carb apart and my bike is same model as yours

You have ordered the wrong one, sorry to say.

It looks like a small flat head screw with a small tube with holes, thread is aprox. 5mm, not 6mm.

I just ordered one from Show and Go Motorcycles in SA after Ballards sent the wrong one and were unaware the pilot is different to most other FCR carbs for some reason.

Thats the same place i ordered from :thumbsup:

Damn. I hope they will exchange the jets. I should of pulled the jet first.

Thanks for the confirm.

So i ask for a series 21 15mm, 38 size pilot fuel jet and a 15mm 75 size pilot air jet?