Sign in to follow this  

MX-TECH suspension

2005 yzf250

intermediate racer

160lbs without gear

The bike feels like it is going to wash out going into the corner, and it feels like the rear end is riding on ice coming out of the corner

Recently sent my suspension to MX-TECH to be revalved, but had them leave the stock springs in it.

Race on mostly hard surfaces but do have some saw dust layed down in the corners.

MILLVILLE TIRE

FRONT AND REAR

FORKS

REBOUND- 8

COMPRESSION- 8

OIL LEVEL- 210cc

SPRING RATE- STOCK

SHOCK

REBOUND- 8

COMPRESSION

HIGH- 1.5

LOW- 8

SPRING RATE- STOCK

SAG 3.5 in.

Sounds like it's too stiff...may need to go softer on springs and/or comp...

Send it back to them and let them do it their way. Thats what I did. I must say I think its better then my FC setup.

First of all increase your rear sag to 100-105mm. Springs are borderline stiff in the forks for you but not by much. Should be able to valve around them. Rear spring is also close. Try the increased sag on the rear first.

Like others said double check that sag. Try around 100mm's then see where your free sag is.

Also, how many mm's are the forks up in the triple clamps? Have you made sure that your R/S fork isn't bound up on the axle?

I think you are fairly close on spring rates and should be able to adjust things out to suit ya.

doc

When I have had problems losing the front end ENTERING a turn, I speed up the rebound a click or two. Rebound pushes the front wheel into the ground. If it is to slow, you don't get that push entering the turn.

On the flip side, if you lose it coming out, you need to slow the rebound down a bit.

Increase your rebound in both the front and rear that should keep both tires planted better. It will help you turn better and the front will stop washing.

Increase your rebound in both the front and rear that should keep both tires planted better. It will help you turn better and the front will stop washing.

The problem with using the term "increase" is it's unclear which way to turn the clicker. For me it would mean as follows:

Increase- turn in or (+) slows the susp movement.

Decrease- turn out (-) would allow it to move easier/faster.

:thumbsup:

yeh it does get confusing

its the opposite of what you think it is lol.

Turn in decreases flow less rebound

turn out increases flow more rebound lol.