Sign in to follow this  

I saw the guy to run Bubba and Ricky

For all you big MX fans. This weekend I had the pleasure of watchin Dusty Klatt ride in a pro national in Canada. I have to say, IMHO he is faster than Chad Reed and looks good enough to run with the amazing duo of #7 and #4.

I have never seen anyone so skilled and hungry in all my days, and I have seen them all.

I hope he gets an AMA ride next year, he was on a stock bike with bolt ons!

not really a DRZ item, but I thought some might like to know

I hope you're right, because the sport needs more front running contenders. :thumbsup: I think Millsaps will be there soon. He's doing really well for a rook on the 450. :ride: How did ya like Ricky's get off at Washougal in moto 2? :applause:

I saw rounds 1,2,3 yeah he looks fast but when you see RC and Bubba he wouldn't even hold a candle. Those tracks up there look easy compared to ours. And for them to change the last two whoops in round two i believe cuzz the riders were complaining about them. just my opinion..

i agree with Millsaps being there soon, but he suffers from being a bit big. He is a big boy.

I have seen Ricky and Bubba run and Klatt is right there. One thing that they all have in common is that they are not spinning much. These guys all have the right combo of speed and traction. Very amazing to watch

I think he is joking. NOBODY, would watch Klatt and seriously think he can run with RC and JBS. Klatt is a good rider, but he would be lucky to finish top 10 at a US National. No disrespect to Klatt, but how can you possibly think that the guy that finished 12th in the lites class at the Vancouver SX and 19th overall can run with RC and James?

Why do people in other countries always try to compare to the US riders? Everts has acknowledged RC is faster, yet we always hear people on message boards say he is faster. Klatt may be the best in Canada right now, that does not mean he can run with the USA's best. He tried, got smoked in the lites class.

sorry,klatt is no where close.

trust me,if he were he would already be running here in the U.S.

I agree Eddie, I'm sure Klatt looks fast in Canada, so did Roy but he was still nowhere near Bubba or the Goat

Your future superstar will be RYAN VILLAPOTO...That young kid is super fast and very good....Once he get's more experience and stops making mistakes even bubba will have a problem staying ahead...

Your future superstar will be RYAN VILLAPOTO...That young kid is super fast and very good....Once he get's more experience and stops making mistakes even bubba will have a problem staying ahead...

i agree with this

i agree.even hes not any where near bubba or rc yet,but way faster than klatt will ever be.

klatt has skills.he has good deal going i canada.he shouldnt bite off more than he can chew and just keep his deal in canada.

If you look at lap times Villipoto is right there in the factory practice sessions. He generally ends up 5th ,6th, 7th fastest out of all the guys. That says a lot for this kid since he is riding the 250F compared to the 450's. Klatt showed what he can do at the WSX rounds, and RC and JBS are a lot faster outdoors. When you go to watch their pace is crazy fast, and they don't get tired. They frequently set some of their fastest laps at the end of the 30min +2 lap motos. I agree with Eddie Klatt should stay in Canada where he is considered fast.

... Klatt should stay in Canada where he is considered fast.

So you're telling us that you don't consider Klatt fast? :thumbsup: Now that's funny... So are you also saying that Byrne isn't fast either, or Wey?

I agree. I was at the Lakewood round and RV smoked everyone! He looked really smooth.

So you're telling us that you don't consider Klatt fast? :thumbsup: Now that's funny... So are you also saying that Byrne isn't fast either, or Wey?

klatt is fast.just not RC or JS fast.

he isnt Byrne or Wey fast either.

Give him the same kind of factory support RC and BS get and see how fast he gets.

Maybe not #1 but he'll definitely pickup a bunch of spots.

BJ

Give him the same kind of factory support RC and BS get and see how fast he gets.

Maybe not #1 but he'll definitely pickup a bunch of spots.

BJ

Bikes don't make as much difference now as they did in the past. Satellite teams have good equipment now, good enough to run up front with. Equipment is NOT what is holding Klatt back, talent is. Like others said, he is good in Canada and can do his Team alot of good up there. That does not mean he has the ability to run up front in the US Nationals. He could be on Ricky's bike and still wouldn't beat James, Wey, Byrne, Windham, Preston, Reed, Villumon, Millsaps, Preston, or Tim Ferry.

He would have to beat three of those guys just to finish inside the top 10. The bike is not what is stopping him from doing that, talent is. He's good, but not better than any of those guys.

So you're telling us that you don't consider Klatt fast? :applause: Now that's funny... So are you also saying that Byrne isn't fast either, or Wey?

If you want to get right down to it...they are all fast :applause: . But Byrne and Wey are pack runners! :thumbsup: A year from now everyone will be running right where they are now until some young gun moves through the pack and smokes them all. This is they way it always goes down! :applause:

If you want to start a real controversial topic, lets talk about which riders are real and which ones are spoiled j@ckA$$'s :ride:

Bikes don't make as much difference now as they did in the past. Satellite teams have good equipment now, good enough to run up front with. Equipment is NOT what is holding Klatt back, talent is. Like others said, he is good in Canada and can do his Team alot of good up there. That does not mean he has the ability to run up front in the US Nationals. He could be on Ricky's bike and still wouldn't beat James, Wey, Byrne, Windham, Preston, Reed, Villumon, Millsaps, Preston, or Tim Ferry.

He would have to beat three of those guys just to finish inside the top 10. The bike is not what is stopping him from doing that, talent is. He's good, but not better than any of those guys.

Did you see how fast RC and Bubba were running at Washougal :applause: ??? Their corner speed :thumbsup: !!! Holy Sh*t. It's pure balls and talent, not so much the bike (at that level) :ride: