Sign in to follow this  

I saw the guy to run Bubba and Ricky

For all you big MX fans. This weekend I had the pleasure of watchin Dusty Klatt ride in a pro national in Canada. I have to say, IMHO he is faster than Chad Reed and looks good enough to run with the amazing duo of #7 and #4.

I have never seen anyone so skilled and hungry in all my days, and I have seen them all.

I hope he gets an AMA ride next year, he was on a stock bike with bolt ons!

not really a DRZ item, but I thought some might like to know

I highly doubt he could hang with RC and JS. But he is pretty fast. I think he would run top 10 over here though. But no way hang with RC or JS. Ever notice how midpack riders over here run up front up in Canada. Actually he did race Daytona SX and did pretty good I think.

Klatt was rear to mid pack all supercross season, hes fast in canada, but no where near the speed of the GOAT.... he can probably beat JS because he will most likely be on the ground, haha jk.

didnt chisolm win canada? i dunno but i know he's a front runner over there but not here. pros look so much faster in real life than tv dont they

didn't jsr race over here a few times and he was only a mid pack rider?

I think he got in the top ten a couple of years ago at Hangtown.

Ever notice how midpack riders over here run up front up in Canada. Actually he did race Daytona SX and did pretty good I think.
No U.S. rider run up front (top 5) in Canada in the big class. 125 is a different story. John Dowd finished 7th in the U.S. Championship last year and he's about 6th here in Canada (Not counting the races he missed).

In 04' JSR finished 6 overall in hangtown with a near stock CR250.

you guys have very good info, Klatt was not a good supercross rider. Just to put things in perspective, he can lap John Dowd in a 35 min moto. If you look at the AMA results for last year, Dowd only got lapped by 4 and 7.

Wait untill you see Willard and Chisolm back on US soil, these guys are screamin fast too. They dont ride in the premier 450 class here. Willard has run some Motos, but has been lapped by Klatt.

JSR is as fast as Nick Wey. I have seen that

No U.S. rider run up front (top 5) in Canada in the big class. 125 is a different story. John Dowd finished 7th in the U.S. Championship last year and he's about 6th here in Canada (Not counting the races he missed).

In 04' JSR finished 6 overall in hangtown with a near stock CR250.

Kieth Johnson, Damon Huffman, and Craig Decker were all in the top 5 in 2005, and they are all US rejects.

Kieth Johnson, Damon Huffman, and Craig Decker were all in the top 5 in 2005, and they are all US rejects.

In 2005 you are right. But I was talking about 2006. Sorry if I was not clear.

I agree Klatt could run top 10 maybe top 5 in the U.S. but he is not on a stock bike with bolt ons. He rides a full race Blackfoot Honda that is pretty trick.

I agree Klatt could run top 10 maybe top 5 in the U.S. but he is not on a stock bike with bolt ons. He rides a full race Blackfoot Honda that is pretty trick.
I was talking about JSR. He's not support by blackfoot when racing in the U.S. He's on his own. :thumbsup:

My prediction is that you will see Klatt hired by Honda to run with Millsaps next year. He may even be hired by Suzuki, as the Blackfoot riders have been at Rickys place to ride last year.

Its just a prediction, but when you look at the talent pool, other than the Kawasaki kid, there is no up and commers. This is keeping in mind that Millsaps has already established himself as a top 3 rider. Klatt is 19

In 2005 you are right. But I was talking about 2006. Sorry if I was not clear.

They are not in the top 5 in 2006 because of the 3 guys I mentioned only one of them is racing this year, and he missed a couple of races and is still in the top 10.

For years jsr has been placing 10-15th in the US, now Klatt is beating jsr pretty consistantly...so I'd imagine him to be where jsr was...10th ish. Not at RC's level but still pretty respectable

jsr is as fast as ever now that he moved to the crf450 and in Regina national klatt went down in the 1st lap and was mid-back of the pack and was 20 seconds behind jsr and came back and beat jsr by 45 seconds and the second moto he holeshoted and he was gone. klatt dominates jsr in all the races and jsr is as fast as ever so to say that klatt wont do better than jsr is stupid. klatt will come to the states and run reed's pace and be right around RC and stewarts pace.

My aren't we passionate.... Guess we'll just have to wait till Klatt actually DOES race in the US and see where he places... to sit here and speculate about something he hasn't done yet would just be...... well, :thumbsup: STUPID!