Sign in to follow this  

Acerbis 5 gallon tank (xr250)

I just picked up a '97 xr250r and I'm in the process of throwing farkles at it. A friend has a 6.6 acerbis on his wr450 and I'm impressed with the quality (coming from a history with ims). I like the idea of 5 gallons and will keep my stock tank for single track rides (the bike will be street legal). Does anyone have or know where to find pics of this tank? I'm interested in the natural color but would like to see this thing mounted if possible.

Your friend has a 6.6g Acerbis tank on a WRF? I didn't think they sold those over here in the US, I must be wrong.

The Acerbis 5g on a 250 is huge, really. Do you need that much range? What's that good for, maybe 250mi.?

Take a look at an IMS or Clarke tank for that bike. Smaller and a nice fit.

It was a bit of a chore to track down the 6.6 acerbis for the wr but we found one. I don't know that I'll need 5 gallons but from what everyone says, the xr gets horrible mileage compared to my dr350 (70mpg). If I'm getting the 40mpg everyone claims, I'll need the full 5 gallons. The tank won't be a permanent fixture...I like the small stock tank for woods riding. The big tank will be used on multi-day trips in the New Mexico and Colorado rockies.

I went with the 3.8 clarke in natural. The bike should be pretty trick when I get all this stuff put on it. I went with a baja kit, clarke tank, promotobillet rear rack, all new cables, tusk handguards, utah cycle sports skid plate, white bros exhaust and jetting to match. She'll be street legal and ready to rock when the cool weather comes

The Acerbis 5g on a 250 is huge, really. Do you need that much range? What's that good for, maybe 250mi.?

Take a look at an IMS or Clarke tank for that bike. Smaller and a nice fit.

Haha.. a 5 Gallon tank compared to my IMS 3.7.. It would be the extreme Exxon Valdez.. Heck.. it's only 1.3 more than I have now. Range..? I get 250 miles to the tank now.. I ride an '94 XR250L with 1342 gears. Need that much range..? Nah.. but it couldn't hurt. I could commute to and from work for a month AND ride it on the weekends too.

I'm thinking it would get me about 350400 miles on the tank.. (that's including a bit of the reserve)??? :thumbsup: