Sign in to follow this  

Any bike....which one...

My dad says that if I get straight A's this whole school year...I can pick out a bike of my choice and he will buy it....I was wondering if I do get straight A's which bike should I get? I was thinking about a KX250f, but I'm not so sure now....I ride MX mostly and do ocassional trails. I want a four stroke.

Thanks for any further help.

My dad says that if I get straight A's this whole school year...I can pick out a bike of my choice and he will buy it....I was wondering if I do get straight A's which bike should I get? I was thinking about a KX250f, but I'm not so sure now....I ride MX mostly and do ocassional trails. I want a four stroke.

Thanks for any further help.

Trying to get straight A's is an admirable thing to try to accomplish but how realistic is that? If you're already a straight A student i guess it wouldn't be that hard, lol, but otherwise you might be sacrificing a lot just to obtain that goal. If you're a HS student i would honestly get a job and work for it that way rather then be a book worm for the next 9 months of my life. It seemed the kids that balanced their social life and school life the best were the ones that became the most successful and had the most fun along the way. If your school goes by a semester schedule it might be a little easier i suppose.

man you think just like me thats the same thing my parents said and i want a kx250f also

that aprilia v twin 450 mxer :thumbsup:

Good choice, or Id say an ATK Intimidator 700. You can always buy yourself a KX250f later lol, but if your dad is going to get you a bike go for the gusto.

Oh and thats really cool if you get straight A's, I wish I could do that.

That's awhile to wait.... but I'd get a YZ250F special edition. Those are SICK!

I wish I could get straight A's, my mom would be so proud. I wouldn't get squat for it though so whats the point :thumbsup:

...i would honestly get a job and work for it that way rather then be a book worm for the next 9 months of my life. It seemed the kids that balanced their social life and school life the best were the ones that became the most successful and had the most fun along the way.

Clearly, you spent more time with your social life than on your education. This is one of the dumbest things ever written. :applause: Here's some advice... don't give any advice. :applause: Now get back to work, the beeper on the french fry cooker is making noise again.

AbandonedMX... work hard towards the straight A's. Do your absolute best. Don't believe that you can't do it, you can if you believe and work towards it. The effort that you will consistently put forth, combined with the increased knowledge is the type of thing that will reward you very well in life. Your dad is right on the money and obviously gives a damn. :thumbsup:

Oh, and by the way, you will get a new bike out of the deal. :ride:

Clearly, you spent more time with your social life than on your education. This is one of the dumbest things ever written. :applause: Here's some advice... don't give any advice. :applause: Now get back to work, the beeper on the french fry cooker is making noise again.

AbandonedMX... work hard towards the straight A's. Do your absolute best. Don't believe that you can't do it, you can if you believe and work towards it. The effort that you will consistently put forth, combined with the increased knowledge is the type of thing that will reward you very well in life. Your dad is right on the money and obviously gives a damn. :thumbsup:

Oh, and by the way, you will get a new bike out of the deal. :ride:

What are you talking about? I just graduated from Temple University last month with a degree in Marketing. I was trying to imply to the kid that getting straight A's throughout the entire year is an admirable thing to attempt. BUT if he is not a straight A student it might not be easily obtained and getting his hopes up by relying on that alone to get a new bike might crush him. Hence why i suggested getting a job and working for it himself might be a better way to go it. I never liked it when parents used material possesions to get their kids to do well in school, college and a successful career should be enough motivation especially once you get out of elementry school. You completely mis-read what i said.

didnt you just get a yz 125? anyways, i have heard nuthing bad about the 250f's, heard they are some of the best out there.

What are you talking about? I just graduated from Temple University last month with a degree in Marketing. I was trying to imply to the kid that getting straight A's throughout the entire year is an admirable thing to attempt. BUT if he is not a straight A student it might not be easily obtained and getting his hopes up by relying on that alone to get a new bike might crush him. Hence why i suggested getting a job and working for it himself might be a better way to go it. I never liked it when parents used material possesions to get their kids to do well in school, college and a successful career should be enough motivation especially once you get out of elementry school. You completely mis-read what i said.

What I read into what you said is basically "don't try for the straight A's, get a job instead"

My point is... it is the effort of working towards the A's which is most important, even more important than the bike. But to acquiesce to lower grades because of a lack of confidence is never good advice.

Parents should use any type of motivation, tricks, mind games, etc... necessary to push a good education on their kids. Since you just graduated from Temple, you should clearly understand the importance of effort and working towards a goal.

If he takes your approach, how would he ever graduate from a college like Temple? What is wrong with being a book worm?

I think I'll just go for the KX250f....that is my most desired bike at the moment.

I am only a freshman in Highschool. I had straight A's from Kindergarden to 6th grade...then 7th I got straight B's then 8th A, B, A, D, C, C. So yes it is a stretch. And I have more advanced classes than most freshman here.

period 1: PE

period 2: Honors English

period 3: Freshman seminar (I hate this class!)

period 4: Algebra 2

period 5: Spanish 1

period 6: Biology

I want a bike that isn't to powerful....so the intimidator is out...I want a bike that I can handle (well), lite weight, a four stroke....I guess that leaves a 250 four stroke.

So which one? I would prefer the KX250f because I have heard nothing but good things. But I heard Honda is great and Yamaha is great. Although I can't see myself on anything else but a Kawasaki, I think I can sacrafice the brand battle just for performance. So which one? Honda, Yamaha, or Kawasaki?

If he'll get you anything you want, make him get you the Service Honda CR500AFX.

It's perfect for studious, straight-A students! :thumbsup:

lol...yeah right my arms and legs would fall off....I would try to ride it like a 125 and die....lol

what bike do you have now

if you have a thmper, get a yz250 or kx250

if you have a smoker get a 250f or 450f

i think a 450 is more fun for dicking around on and hauling ass while a 250f is more fun for motox

just my opinion... i have a crf250 and if i could get another bike it would be a yz250 or kx250