Sign in to follow this  

2001 yz125 with little or no compression

My son has a 2001 YZ 125, when you try and kick start it, it has little or no compression. SPend over $ 700 just 4 months ago. What could this be? and does it sound serious?

Thanks for any assistance,

blown head gasket or rings most likely.... need more info

het dumb ass this is a form for YZ 250 F or wr not 125 yz's TWO STROKES SUCK AND THATS YOUR PROBLEM

hey dumb ass this is a form for YZ 250 F or wr not 125 yz's TWO STROKES SUCK AND THATS YOUR PROBLEM

You are going to have to pull the top end to determine the problem, but I can tell you that the 01 125 had a flawed design with the piston and exhaust port configuration. The ring had a tendency of wearing away the stop and then rotating and catching in the exhaust port. Unfortunately, if this happened to yours, it will mean a new piston, rings, cylinder, and a complete disassembly to clean out the debris.

The fix to prevent this from occuring again, if this is the problem, is to run a piston that has the ring ends 180 degrees from the exhaust port.

Yamaha cured this problem for the 02 model.

will you shutup he is asking for help and all you got to say is crap like 'stupid 2 strokes they always blow head gaskets' and 'this is a forum for the YZ250F and two strokes suck and thats your problem' so how about you shutup. most of us here started on a two stroke and have moved up to four strokes. there is no reason to bag the 2 stroke. Retards these days i tell ya.

stupid two smokes always blowing the head gaskits

Dumb ass can't even spell "gasket" right. I hope I never see a post from this shithead again.

Hey guys............come on now, a brothers bike is down and your harping on him for posting in the wrong forum..............

The only true way to determine what's wrong is to tear the top end apart. Maybe you wore the piston and rings from low quality oil, bad ratio mix, allowing the air filter to get too dirty, lean jetting, backwards piston, etc. :thumbsup:

hey dumb ass this is a form for YZ 250 F or wr not 125 yz's TWO STROKES SUCK AND THATS YOUR PROBLEM

Calm down bro, it doesn't really matter. He just wants to know what's wrong with his bike! :thumbsup:

The problem with this site is they allow idiots like you to post. Do us all a favor and go away little boy. I think I hear your mommy calling you.