Sign in to follow this  

Any Western PA dual sportsters

I live in south Pittsburgh, and am wondering if anyone else is around here that might be interested in some DS rides.

Live near Franklin. Mostly ride off-road, but the bike is street legal. (DRZ400E). Thought you'd get a response from someone closer to you, but keep me in mind if you ever head up to ANF or know of any good places to ride some good trails. What kind of bike do you ride?

I will keep you in mind, maybe do a ride up north some time. I have a 98 XR400 that I am converting to street/trail.

wheeling west virginia here 45 min from pittsburg 45 from washington

20 min from steubenville oh.......i need a new place 2 ride

From Irwin, not legal yet, just got my title back yesterday from the state, few more weeks. What town are you from squidrow??

I am in Bridgeville right now and may be moving to Bethel Park or Jefferson Boro soon. Lots of good trails in the South Park area and also some great trails in Webster, (kind of near Rostravor Airport). Until I get my title and plate I will have to stay on the trails. I would like to learn some rides around you guys though. Let me know.

Ford City / Kittanning area here. No dual sport yet but will have one shortly. Sold My last one and MUST get another.

Hey Irwin, I lived there for 30+ yrs before moving here. Where are you guys riding these days?

The ANF trails are the best around for sure headed there a month ago.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=393699&parentpage=2

Odonnks, Just moved there my self, Have no idea where there are trails around there. If you could help me out with riding areas that would be great.

I live over by Youngstown Ohio and do the AMA DS rides. We're heading to ANF Saturday Aug 12 if anyone wants to go. We're parking at the Marienville trailhead

Wingman - Did you move to the Irwin or Kittanning area? Dual sport or off road only?

From Irwin I'd haul to a place just south of Rt 51 on Rt 136, cross the bridge over 51 and take the 1st left.

Pipe and power lines running to the river. Alot of trails. May be posted but everyone rode anyway.

Off of 819 near Slickville. Boney piles and a old railroad grade.

Adamsburg fair sized boney piles and pipelien intersections.

If DS'ing. Go to the ANF. Marionville trailhead. Awsome trials. Probably 50 + miles of singeltrack. Some technical too.

DS'ing, head towards 7-springs, The PA turnpike sucks and is dangerous. Take Rt 30 to 711 then 31. Once un in the Laurel Mtns there are lots of forest roads and trails. Typically, if they arean't posted and show signs of other bikes I'll try them out but carefull not to tear them up too bad.

Up here in Kittanning twp there are a fair amount of trails that require some road travel between trails. Around me there are trails on my place and neighboring properties. I post they post. We all post but those of us who ride share each others trials, no one complains as long as we stay on trails and don't upset the horse riders who made most of the trails.

The place off of 51 south is called "Webster" or something to that effect. I ride there a lot. Be careful in there as there are some mean hills. That is where my fat old klr took my right leg. Lots of slipery

clay if wet.

odonnks, I have been to some of those places. What/where is ANF Morionville trails. Sounds like a good spot to try out. Thanks.

squidrow, I have heard about that Webster place. Is it right behind that fruit market on 51? and is that the same place odonnks is talking about?

ANF - Allegheny National Forest. Marionville trailhead. Legal riding. Probably the best legal or illegal riding in PA. The thread below are pics I took there a month or so ago.

From Irwin get to Rt 66 where it passes thru Delmont. Stay on it about 2 - 2.5 hrs north. It runs thru Marionville and the forest.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3579496#post3579496

Check out this link. Click on the trail and then on the right click on the enlargable map.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/allegheny/recreation/atv_trails/

$10.00 per day, $35.00 for the year.

wingman, webster is on the other side of 51 than the fruit stand. the trails on the fruity side are not that good and dont really go anywhere. the webster side goes from behind the caboose down to the river and parallels 51 south down to the next road that connects 51 to river road. good for ds rides but not much parking for trucks.

I actually work for one of the companies that have a pipeline right of way across 51 and down under the river. Its a large area with multiple power and pipeline crossings.

I haven't been there since I moved to Kitttanning twp.

We used to just park trucks along the road or near the old carwash near the 51 overpass and ride to the trails. No one ever seemed to care. DS'ing was the best. you could ride in and exit where ever you hit a road

There are some pretty wicked hills there. I've seen guys hauled out to teh hospital and I've hauled guys out with broken ribs.

Have any of you guys been there lately? The other day I saw a fence near the area I used to enter. The size of that place there is no way its all fenced in.

I have never been there at all, just heard a lot about it. Heard from acouple people that it is off limits but that source might not be too trust worthy. Definitly going to ANF sometime soon.

I rode there about 3 weeks ago. I go in from the bottom and park on a 4x4 road. There are no signs posted from that side. The trails are in great shape but I dont know if it is off limits. So much riding is illegal but done anyway. I usually wont go anywhere that is posted so that if I do get stopped, at least I can say I didnt know.

Also being polite goes a long way. I have never had any trouble there.