Sign in to follow this  

What's it worth?

I'm thinking (just thinking now) about selling my XL350 bike, and parts. Here's a list of everything, and I'd like your opinions on what I should be asking.

1975 XL350 (side port) set up as a flattracker. .050 over piston, with about 20 races on it. Factory "detabed" frame. Montesa 35mm triple trees. Clarke tank. H-D XR750 fiberglass seat / tail. 18xWM3 rims with very good Dunlop K180 rubber. 38mm Mikuni. Super Trapp exhaust. New chain and sprockets. Extra gearing. Orman CDI. Runs great. Smokes just a bit when first started, but quits when warm. Built this bike winter of 2003, raced 04 & 05, rode a few times in 06, but not raced this year (broken collar bone.)

Parts included. Two extra side port engines and a few boxes of parts, should be enough there to make two engines if you installed new pistons. Parts include 2 good cams, one is Powroll race cam, the other OEM, and 2 sets of rocker arms. Both the cams and rocker arms are coveted items. One complete 1972 XL250 engine. I was told the 250 ran when bike it came from was parted out, but have not tried it. One extra side port frame / swingarm, and a center port rolling chassis.

So what's it all worth? I was thinking $2500

thats generally what i see them listed for, but i dont see many sell. not to many people into flat trackers (at least around here) and they seem to be to specialized for anything else. unless you have a lot of people that go for that kinda thing in your area, i would say your best bet is ebay. i've seen some go there for big bucks. course, seen others not go at all!

At the last race I was at, I guy said the only reason I won our race was I had $10,000 bike (Redline framed XL350, built, blah..blah) . I offered to sell it to him for $5000, half it's value :ride: to him, but he refused. I even said $4500 then, but he didn't take it. :applause: Yea, you have to find the right person. :thumbsup:

Mike38,

As I'm sure you're aware there are alot more flattrackers in our part of the country. I would suggest an ad in Cycle USA (District paper), Also, that bike would be legal for AHRMA '70's singles and VDTRA classes. Posting an ad in Vintage Veiws or on the AHRMA and VDTRA web sites would hit your target market. I would also suggest taking the bike to the AMCA (Antique M/C Club of America) Davenport meet over Labor day. On Friday night they have vintage and antique flat track races on the half mile. As for price, I think your in the ballpark.