Sign in to follow this  

Cha Cha Cha Changes....

Yeah, its a TerraFlex. I am running my second one and love them. You can pretty much climb anything with them suckers, and they handle fine on the street too once they break in a few miles. I got over 1700mi on my first one.

I dont think I will run anything else....its been that good for my anyway. I ride about 70% dirt.

Awesome bike man. Thats really cool, Ive always wondered how a 650L would look if you turned it into a Baja ready bike. And it looks very nice, and very capable to take on the desert.

Did you do any motor work?

Motor is stock with 3800mi. I did rejet the carb with 58/158 jets and drill the slide for faster response. Removed the snorkel and added a Uni filter. So the pipe would work to full effect. The bike has tons of torque and plenty of power. She can cruise the highway at 80mph, and with the 14/48 Sunstar gears come to an almost dead stop in 2nd offroad and still have the grunt and torque to throttle through the ruts.

It is a great running bike and has handled anything offroad I have pointed her way. Other than the suspension being a little too soft jumping, I am very pleased. I dont plan on putting any work in the engine until its needed, my buddy had a hot cam and I couldnt feel the difference really riding his.

As the suspension goes, I am 41 and dont need to be getting huge airs anyway. Probably best I dont break my back or some crap. But dont get me wrong I fling her through the dirt and hills pretty damn good, and she always begs for more.

It has slammed a few rocks into my buddies, but I try and be careful..he he

Yeah right!

(you) :thumbsup::***:*-(roost)'+*:*;** :ride: (buddies)

Great looking 650! If I may, I'd like to suggest a dark (black?) colored background for your number plates with some number of your choice.

Numbers always seem to look better than a logo.

Maybe some of TT's PhotoShop guru's could doctor those photos a bit so you can see what I'm talking about. IMO, it's tough to beat the black background yellow number combination :applause:

Anyway, nice work!

You can get all the plastics in black except the side panels, and I dont like the Krylon Fusion solution..so I will keep it white. Thanks for the positive comments.