Sign in to follow this  

DRZ400E FCR on an S - Cable Question

I'm nearing the end of the FCR install tonight and am having some tough finishing touches. Mainly i can't get the throttle cables tight enough to work, also, it seems my carb pull is opposite the aftermarket FCR-MX version. The throttle pull requires the gold elbow on top instead of the bottom like I see in everyone's pictures and doing it this way does not allow me to tighten enough for full throttle. Please help - i really want to fire this thing up!!!

Standing by. :thumbsup:

If you are using a DRZ400E OEM FCR carb on a S or SM, you need to use the E cables. Availabe from Suzuki or aftermarket.

Damn, I missed that... I need these too before my install. Thanks for the info.

This makes me quite sad if this is the case. I thought I was ready to go, now I have to wait for more parts. Jeez, this FCR mod is turning into a tough little project. Any way to make the S cables work?

This makes me quite sad if this is the case. I thought I was ready to go, now I have to wait for more parts.

That makes 2 of us, but luckily I managed to get an E cable for free this morning. Have to wait for shipping though...