Sign in to follow this  

LPNF Sunday 8/13/06 ?

Anyone up for a Forest run? I will probably just do a east frasier\long dave\tejon loop since this is my first ride since the foot disaster so I want to take it easy.

Thinking about going for a weekend ride with the GS however if not will be very interested to join you with the XR… :thumbsup:

Never been, is there room for one more?

I would also need driving directions.

What time do you plan to start the ride?

Im still not 100% sure i am in yet, but there is always room . LPNF is the forest above Hungry Valley/ Gorman. We usually meet at Edison, the first camp site on the left in Hungry Valley. About the time not sure that is up to Todd :thumbsup: I should know more in the next day or so if i can go. Doing alot of traveling this weekend but i am trying to make it, so far it looks like i might be in. :ride: I will keep you all updated....Scott

Anyone up for a Forest run? I will probably just do a east frasierlong davetejon loop since this is my first ride since the foot disaster so I want to take it easy.

Hey Tdamore

Iam up for a forest :thumbsup: on Sunday I need to get out! Let me know.

Mike

Yes you have. And wheres our dang video.

:thumbsup:

How about 7:30 at Edison? There is always room for whoever wants to go :thumbsup:

Yes you have. And wheres our dang video.

:applause:

Been so busy... :applause:

I owe video copies to a lot of people, :thumbsup: but I will deliver.

Did not realize it was the same place that you guys took me to.

This time I will not be as slow. Been riding a little so I can handle the bike better. :ride:

Anyone up for a Forest run? I will probably just do a east frasier\long dave\tejon loop since this is my first ride since the foot disaster so I want to take it easy.

I too am recovering from a recent foot disaster. I have spent very little time on my bike, except putting around with my kids on the roadrunner trail at Gorman.

While injured, I have put new springs on the bike, a trials tire and a few other things that I really need to get used to. Not only have I not really ridden, my bike is now different.

How easy of a ride are you planning to do? Is this loop doable for an intermediate rider with very vew hours ridden in the past 6 months? I just need to get back into the swing of things.

I too am recovering from a recent foot disaster. I have spent very little time on my bike, except putting around with my kids on the roadrunner trail at Gorman.

While injured, I have put new springs on the bike, a trials tire and a few other things that I really need to get used to. Not only have I not really ridden, my bike is now different.

How easy of a ride are you planning to do? Is this loop doable for an intermediate rider with very vew hours ridden in the past 6 months? I just need to get back into the swing of things.

It's not too bad. I was thinking about a 30 mile loop that starts from East Frasier (mostly singletrack switchbacks up the mountain with some rocks thrown in for good measure, this is the first 5-6 miles) up to the lookout ( another 3-4 miles on fire roads), then down the back side of the mountain into lockwood valley (this is mostly downhill on wide trails but some of them are a little rutted - about 5 miles) , Up Long Dave which is pretty easy but it has a couple of rocky sections ( 7 - 8 miles I think), and then riding Tejon back into Hungry valley (single track, some rock sections, about 12 miles).

TEJON= no es bueno! LMAO mucho whoops the size of vw's

have fun

Says the guy riding the xr650 LOL :thumbsup:

Says the guy riding the xr650 LOL :thumbsup:

That comment really makes me want to give this a shot.Is there room for a 650 in the group?I have never rode with TT guys before.I will be happy to turn around solo If it comes to that,I highly doubt it will.

I am definitely interested in this ride. I have never been before, but I need to come up from San Diego to drop my wife off on Saturday at LAX, so I might as well take the opportunity to check it out. I have heard so many good things about the riding here so I am pumped.

Where exactly will you be and how do I get there? I have an idea, but exactly where within the park. Is anyone going to camp there Saturday night? I am planing to. If anyone is going to camp or ride Saturday as well let me know.

Thanks,

Pat M.

Says the guy riding the xr650 LOL :ride:

exactly! bumping that 300 pound beast wore me out! might have been easier if i was going like 4th or 5th open and not scared to fall off a cliff LOL :thumbsup:

That comment really makes me want to give this a shot.Is there room for a 650 in the group?I have never rode with TT guys before.I will be happy to turn around solo If it comes to that,I highly doubt it will.

you'll have no problem with the 650 up there just watch your temperatures going up frazier is 5-6 miles of 1st maybe 2nd gear stuff so boilover is likely. after that it's all good awsome riding up there

you'll have no problem with the 650 up there just watch your temperatures going up frazier is 5-6 miles of 1st maybe 2nd gear stuff so boilover is likely. after that it's all good awsome riding up there
DR650 is air cooled. :thumbsup: