Sign in to follow this  

SeaDoo in a Toy Hauler???

Hey TT'ers,

I just got a toy hauler about a month ago and the wife, kids and I have been camping at the nearby lakes (and I stealth off every mornin' early for a long motorcycle ride). :applause:

Since we camp at the lakes, I'm thinking it would be great to have a SeaDoo! :thumbsup:

But, how can you haul a SeaDoo in a toy hauler and then lower it into the water without dropping it on the concrete ramp, etc.??? :ride:

Is this possible?

Thanks.

well, i'm not to into watersports, but couldn't you use the watercraft stands like the dealers use to work on the machines? they usually have wheels and are carpeted where it supports the PWC. you could lower it into the water and pull it back out while on this "stand", using sometype of winch mounted to the toy hauler somewhere. then you could secure it into the trailer on the stand and manuever it around at home all while leaving it on the stand. this is just a thought and i have no experience with something like this. seems like it may work though!!! :thumbsup:

I hear ya cyclepsych0,

Been thinking about the wheeled stand and winch thing too. :ride:

I think that's the way to go! :thumbsup:

Now I just need to go find/build a sturdy stand and figure out where to mount the electric wench. :applause:

Why dont you just get a jet-ski trailer? :thumbsup:

I knew someone was going to say that. :applause:

Here's why...

Because I'm going to have my dirt bike(s) in the toy hauler too and I'm not going to put the Seadoo AND it's trailor in there. There's just not enough room to stick the Seadoo trailer in there. Plus, that's a little "billy bob" if you ask me. :ride:

I think this is kinda like y'all are saying, but, they make light weight jet ski trailers that are built to be pulled by hand. I searched google but could'nt find quite what I meant. You could buy one of these, and keep it in the toy hauler, just make sure it is even with the hauler floor. Run two two by six boards on the floor wide enough for the ski, and put a whinch in the hauler. Winch the ski off the trailer into the hauler, and use the winch on the trailer to winch it out of the hauler. I'm having trouble explaining myself, but I hope you get what I'm saying, it'd be pretty easy.

This would take up a good bit of room though...

yes i have done this... you just need a few guys to pick it up and carry it to the water. if its a 2 seater 2 guys can do it. if its a 3 seater 4 guys

I think this is kinda like y'all are saying, but, they make light weight jet ski trailers that are built to be pulled by hand. I searched google but could'nt find quite what I meant. You could buy one of these, and keep it in the toy hauler, just make sure it is even with the hauler floor. Run two two by six boards on the floor wide enough for the ski, and put a whinch in the hauler. Winch the ski off the trailer into the hauler, and use the winch on the trailer to winch it out of the hauler. I'm having trouble explaining myself, but I hope you get what I'm saying, it'd be pretty easy.

This would take up a good bit of room though...

yes i have seen them at the beach. they use them to pull the skis to the water across the sand. i think they are custom made thou.

We actually talked about that same situation at lunch today. We concluded that you would need a PWC type holder with wheels... a winch (not the wife) and launch and load away from the water that way.

bolt some 6" pvc to the floor and maybe the ramp/door.

These will acts bunks for the ski to ride on and to be tied down to.

Find a 2 or 4 wheel beach cart to slide the ski onto.

Wheel it to the water.

You may want a 2000lb winch to get the ski down the ramp to the cart.

That's how we did it when we raced jetskis.

yehh there is no way that will happen if u get the sea doo into the water far enuf...

if ur truck has the balls why not but a hitch on the TH and just pull 2 trailers at the same time ive seen it done a few times

if ur truck has the balls why not but a hitch on the TH and just pull 2 trailers at the same time ive seen it done a few times

I think thats only legal with 5th wheels.

well if you buy a new sea-doo which will probably be a 4-stroke then you will need at least 6 people to carry it so that is out I would just go with the second hitch and tow it behind the TH that or do what we do and take 2 cars but we have a pop-up bikes(2)sea-doo and one quad

I've owned a jetski and you would be better off with a trailer! Jetski's nowadays weigh around 650 to 800 lbs. Moving a jetski in and out of your toy hauler will be a lot more work than you think and you could wind up injuring yourself and/or causing unnecessary damage.

i understand it's an old post but i had the same question and found that there's a new toy hauler that can accomodate towing BEHIND the TH: http://www.waycoolhauler.com/index.html

we already bought our TH and will probably use the advise in previous responses to this tread. but for those of you who are considering buying to tow toys OUTSIDE the living spaces, check it out.