Sign in to follow this  

Crazy Idle

I have been messin with the idle and fuel screw to get rid of this. Anyone experience this. Normal idle: hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

My idle:hmmmmmmmMAhmmmmmmMAMAhmmmmmmmMAMAMAhmmmmmmmmmm. It kinda has blurps on it's own and its pissin me off. Pilot too lean? Air leak? fuel screw too lean? needle too lean? gas octane is pump 91. I will bring the idle down and it still does it. Stock jetting. 06 rm 250. anybody know how to fix it. It's gotta be an air leak or something with the pilot or fuel screw. I know it sounds normal when I type it, but this is my 5th bike and it is a little excessive.

Loose screw on intake boot clamp. That should have been checked. Check yours!

yea that clamp isnt sealing properly, it also affects power majorly. Either you forgot to tighten it or the dealer had a lack of concentration. Check the axle nuts and such, would suck if he didnt tighten them, haha :thumbsup:

You know even after I tighttened those screws down I still notice it and it is very wierd. It doesn't really effect my power, but it is different then my past 2 strokes. My bike says to run 30:1 premix. That is wayyy to rich with the stock jetting. I run 40:1 yamalube stock jetting and the bike runs perfect with not a drop of oil out of the silencer. I just say screw it just live with it. It really only does it when it is idleing.

I run 32:1 on stock jetting and the bike runs perfect. There is very little difference between 32:1 and 40 :1.

I run 32:1 on stock jetting and the bike runs perfect. There is very little difference between 32:1 and 40 :1.

Well, my bike is proof that at 32:1 lots of spooge. 40:1 not one drop. Doing the same rideing, as before, strictly mx. There is a big difference in my opinion on my bike. 06rm250 HUGE DIFFERENCE IN OIL OUT OF THE SILENCER. :thumbsup:

Well, my bike is proof that at 32:1 lots of spooge. 40:1 not one drop. Doing the same rideing, as before, strictly mx. There is a big difference in my opinion on my bike. 06rm250 HUGE DIFFERENCE IN OIL OUT OF THE SILENCER. :thumbsup:

Are you running castor oil or full synthetic?