Sign in to follow this  

Got Rekluse? Answer this question

I'm interested in getting Rekluse. I'm just a littled puzzled how it can work in a tight technical situations where you have to go really slowly. What if you get to a nasty technical section where you have to literally inch your way forward. Won't the low engine's rpm automatically engage the clutch and disconnect the power from the rear wheel?

Tight technical stuff is exactly where the Rekluse shines the brightest. You won't believe how much easier the tight slow stuff is when the Rekluse feathers the clutch perfectly for you.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Rekluse.

I'm interested in getting Rekluse. I'm just a littled puzzled how it can work in a tight technical situations where you have to go really slowly. What if you get to a nasty technical section where you have to literally inch your way forward. Won't the low engine's rpm automatically engage the clutch and disconnect the power from the rear wheel?

The tighter, slower, and more technical the trail, the better the Rekluse is. It is unstoppable in these situations. This is truly what it is made for. At higher speeds, the Rekluse offers no real advantage over a conventional clutch.

The clutch will not disengage. If it did reach an RPM so low that the clutch might disengage, you would just give it a little gas to keep going.

Handlebar-tight trees, rocks, rocky/technical uphills, and things that can cause a bike to stall without a steady clutch hand, or just loping through the woods while picking your nose with a finger on your left hand with the greatest of ease are all situations where the Rekluse shines.

Imagine riding an old honda mini-trail 50 that most of us grew up on with an auto-clutch. Remember how easy it was to ride. Well, just think about how nice it would be having that same type of clutch on a grown up bike like I have on my YZ 450.

Buy one, install it, and grin every time your buddies stall their bikes because of some technical tight section. Smile, because you'll never stall your bike again.

Dirty

yea, i'ds get it my buddy on his 450 just goes through technical rocks when i struggle on my 250f. He loves it and it didnt take him too long to install i think

Rekluse makes getting holeshots in MX a lot easier. On my 450 I use 3rd gear to start and if I don't get the holeshot...........I am right there in the hunt for it! :thumbsup:

Xrmarty, the Rekluse is BEST in the slow rocky and technical sections. Have you ever stopped or stalled a bike while negotiating a log fallen, rock slide, or boulder infested trail during an uphill climb? Ever tried starting a stalled bike in these situations while you were slowly sliding back down the hill, but only had use of your front brake to hold the bike as your right foot was kicking to start the bike?

With the Rekluse you won't stall, you won't even have to use a brake to keep from sliding downhill, you simply use your throttle to hold the bike, but can still use your brakes if you want.

As soon as I installed my Rekluse, I was climbing a goat trial that looked entirely rideable given my fresh new confidence. It wasn't until further up the trail that I realized that it really was a goat trail, no way could a bike already climbing a loose 45 degree path negotiate a 4 ft vertical cliff. The trail was about 10 inches wide, 6 inches deep and had rocks, trees and gravity preventing me from attempting to turn around. I was stuck. All I could do was place both feet on the ground, give it some throttle, stand the front end in the air, pivot on the rear tire 180 degrees, fall down a time or two, and go back down. I was far from graceful, but things would have been a lot worse if my bike had stalled or if I didn't have the autoclutch to make things relatively easy.

I can leave my fellow riders behind, no matter how good they are, when the going gets REAL rough. I switch bikes with them in the easy stuff and they don't seem impressed, but we always switch back before things get technical, so they never really know my secret. I like it that way.

are you guys getting the rekluse with the additional clutch option so you still have the clutch and can use it when u want like normal or not?

im firmiliar with the rekluse from ATV magazines, where they said they tried to get it to stall by slamming the breaks and it never stalled. but the only dirtbike review ive read about it didn't rave about it that much. they said that it inconveniantly talled on them at certain ruff points that annoyed the hell out of them. so to you rekluse users that ahve it, which description sounds more like the rekluse kit?? maybe the magazine article i read had a lemon.

no, it's just the person installing the rekluse didnt know how to set it up. If your rekluse is not setup properly, you wont like it. If it is, it is a wonder in tight technical trails and killer hill climbs. Out in the open its useless, like a clutch is.

x2468,

It shouldn't stall. I don't know what that mag's problem was. They must have had it set up wrong or the bike was not carbureted properly.Normally, if the rpm drops low enough, the clutch will disengage allowing the bike to idle, not stall. If they didn't have the proper clearances set on the clutch, it might drag and induce a stall. The Rekluse can be adjusted for engagement rpm and how quickly it will engage.

Mine still has an operational clutch lever. Don't us it much, however. There is a conversion kit to allow one to adapt the clutch lever to a rear brake function. Sounds weird, but those who've done this conversion seem thrilled with it.

is the Rekluse aloud in AMA pro racing? If so, i think its safe to say James Stewart might have won the 2006 SX season if he had it.....

Have you ever stopped or stalled a bike while negotiating a log fallen, rock slide, or boulder infested trail during an uphill climb? Ever tried starting a stalled bike in these situations while you were slowly sliding back down the hill, but only had use of your front brake to hold the bike as your right foot was kicking to start the bike?

Don't know if your familiar, but I just did Miller Jeep Trail in Gorman, So Cal. It was really really nasty, just like you described it above. It's after doing this trail that I started thinking about getting Rekluse.