Sign in to follow this  

Magnetic bolts??

Hey guys, where could I find a (single) magnetic bolt for my front brake rotor? I put a digital speedo on my bike and I do not want to use the spoke magnet...I figure using the bolt from the brake rotor would be more accurate. Any and all input is appreciated :thumbsup:

TrailTech makes them, I'm not sure if they sell them individually though.

TrailTech makes them, I'm not sure if they sell them individually though.

I just checked trailtech and they do they're $7.95 plus shipping however they do not make them for the TT-R. Plus the YZ/WR PNs don't match up :thumbsup:

Use the magnet, its plenty accurate - besides they can be temperamental if not properly aligned. Using a fixed bolt could limit your adjustment for alignment. Keep in mind that you may not have room for the pickup relay so close to the rotor.

Use the magnet, its plenty accurate - besides they can be temperamental if not properly aligned. Using a fixed bolt could limit your adjustment for alignment. Keep in mind that you may not have room for the pickup relay so close to the rotor.

Yeah, I ended up taking the sprocket magnet out of the housing and glueing it onto the brake rotor with a high temp epoxy. I used the conversion factor from the trailtech.com FAQ section and its pretty accurate. About 21 mph in 2nd tapped out and abot 33 mph tapped out in third. I'll try to test to see if the top speed is accurate this weekend. I'll get pics of the setup on here tonight!

I'm doin it to my bike. Did you use the one off your moutain bike. Sense your the expert are you gonna help me install it.

I'm doin it to my bike. Did you use the one off your moutain bike. Sense your the expert are you gonna help me install it.

No problem dude :thumbsup: