Sign in to follow this  

rear brake pads

so my brake pads wore out to where metal was scraping the rotor(sucks) but what I want to know is on the crf250 why is it that one pad is completely gone and the other one is in nearly new condition? it didnt do that on my yami?

Im not a scientist, but Ive noticed this on cars too, That the pad on the piston side of the caliper wears faster than the other one. I would guess its because thats the side thats aplying the pressure to the rotor, and the other one is stationary?

Im not a scientist, but Ive noticed this on cars too, That the pad on the piston side of the caliper wears faster than the other one. I would guess its because thats the side thats aplying the pressure to the rotor, and the other one is stationary?

ye i was about to say that

They shouldn't wear uneven, the caliper floats on the locating pins. Maybe slightly different, but nothing too bad.

Most of the time the pins are dry.

Take the rear wheel off, remove the caliper guard and slide the caliper off the pins towards the sprocket side. Regrease the pins and it should fix it.

could the wheel alignment have something to do with it? one side farther bak or farther forward than the other.