Sign in to follow this  

cant put my forks back on the frame? bolts from hardware store?

ok, well i have been working on my 95 cr 125 proect bike. im trying to reasemmble most of it so when i get my motor parts in i can just fix up the motor and throw it back together. i have everything on, well alot of it, and i just cant seem to get my forks back on. i put them through the stem and the bottom clamp is on and everything, but when i go to put the top triple back on its as if they are pushed farther out. the fork tubes are pushed too far apart for the top triple to go back on. i try to pull them together, but with the bottom triple on the just dont seem to be able to come too far back. so how should i put on my forks. i was thinking pushing the clamp all the way to the bottom so it's a loose fit, and then putting the top on and trying to squeeze them together, but i dont know if it will work? has this happened to anyone else or what? how did you fix it? :thumbsup:

also can i buy some bolts for my plastic from my local hardware store. i bought the bike and it was rigged goofy as hell, allen bolts and all different size, gas tank wasnt even bolted down......etc. anyways, i was wondering if you guys think the harware store should sell some bolts that fit, i just want all the bolt for the plastic to match so its not a constant switching of sockets. anyone do this before? :ride:

sorry about the rn on sentences. :applause:

Did your put your front wheel on before putting the top clamp on? You have to tighten your forks down in the clamps before you put the wheel on. Other than that I don't know why they wouldn't line up. You can buy bolts from the hardware store but you might also want to check out a fastener kit. I've ordered one from tekbolt.com and it works great.

ok, thats the problem then, i took the front end off completely and just removed the top clamp. i was looking at it and thinking that that might be the problem. anyways, thanks, ill let you guys know tommarow if it works, just go out of the shower and dont feel like getting all greased up again before i go to sleep.