Maint. cost?? Yz426F

Monthly you are looking at gas, oil, and cleaning air filters. In the long haul... top ends are more expensive, but last 3 times as long as a two stroke. I've had my 426 since 02 and I think it has actually been cheaper in the long run maintenance wise (less frequent maint.). When you ask how it stands up to the 400, do you mean maintenance or performance?

I would have to say that the 426 is better due to the fact that Yamaha has made improvments to the bike each year. The 426 is lighter than the 400 and has more power. Like I said earlier, change your oil regularly (every ride) and keep the air filter clean... that's it!

I found a 02' yzf426 with some mods, bark busters, guards, and such for $1650. Im just trying to find a bike that will last the longest and be the best in the long run. I wonder how it stands up next to my 95' yz250????

especially the 01-02 YZ426F are bullet proof. Ride the crap out of them while you watch your friends work on their bikes! ?

The difference between the YZ400F and the YZ426F is as big of a gap if not more than the gap between the YZ426F and the YZ450F. In otherwords...if it has been taken care of, it is indestructible. It will lay the 95 YZ250 to shame....in power and suspension.

especially the 01-02 YZ426F are bullet proof. Ride the crap out of them while you watch your friends work on their bikes! :ride:

The difference between the YZ400F and the YZ426F is as big of a gap if not more than the gap between the YZ426F and the YZ450F. In otherwords...if it has been taken care of, it is indestructible. It will lay the 95 YZ250 to shame....in power and suspension.

Very Descriptive! ?

I went from a 95 cr250 and am so glad that i did. The power difference is indescribable. I had the cr for 4 years and rebuilt the top end only once right before I sold it. Ive had the 426 for 1 year and the only thing Ive done is get a ready oil filter, twin air air filter and regrease all of the bearings. The thing is awesome.