Sign in to follow this  

i need help...

i cant decide which pipe to get. i have a ttr 125. i was thinking about the bbr or a fmf powercore 4. which one makes more power. also what size jets should i use with either one.

thanks for the help.

BBR is said to be better than the FMF, but it is 100 bucks more. I am pleased with my BBR. Jets, depend on your elevation.

I got a freind with the FMF and the BBR, and I put a Big Gun on my wife's TTR. I like the Big Gun the best, then the BBR (a lot like the Big Gun), lastly the FMF. There used to be a website just for TTR125's, I think its gone now, but they did a big side-by-side test of all of these, including others (although I think BBR didn't have one yet). The Big Gun ruled!

Also, when I installed the Big Gun, they said to go up one size in the main. That didn't help. I ended up with the stock main jet. I would expect to only change the pilot one size, maybe the main if that didn't help. Since then, we've moved from sea level (San Diego) to 4700ft (northern Utah) and the jetting still holds fine.

The BBR is better than the FMF, and you can get the BBR on ebay for like $239. If I had the money, I would get the BBR. Or the Big Gun exhaust is also a very very very good exhaust like said above. I don't have the money, so I am still running the stock, but when I get enough, my top three picks are BBR, Big Gun, and Pro Circuit. Not neccacerily in that order. :thumbsup:

Get a Yoshimura, really nice looking pipe and good sound. Lots of Low to Top power delivery. design looks and prforms the best. Doesn't hurt to look before buying.

Had a FMF power core 4, its like night and day difference in all around power. Just my $ .02

i cant decide which pipe to get. i have a ttr 125. i was thinking about the bbr or a fmf powercore 4. which one makes more power. also what size jets should i use with either one.

thanks for the help.

The FMF is $179.99 thru TT......read thru my thread from the other day and realize there are as many opinions as .... well you know....Try to remember that ridability and reliability are key to MY daughter's riding. It doesn't count if you push the button and you ain't riding. Decide the kind of riding, and level of reliability...pick a course after reading all that you can, and run with it.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400922

We did a shootout with BBR, pro circuit, Yosh, and a Works Yamaha. For us, the BBR came out on top, then Yoshimura, the works yamaha, and pro circiut last. Never tried a big gun.

If you don't mind me asking, who's "we"?

Was this test private ordone by a company/magazine?

"We" are a group of guys that have done many tests for magazines. But mainly, "we" had four pipes and a secret field track at the beach and did laps after lap with each pipe. We mainly did it for ourselves so we could buy the best pipe and not waste money. Eventually the shootout will be type up and posted on socalxrs.com . I'm surprised no one caught the fact that we had a works factory pipe, but I can't say how we got that one. But it is nice to have connections.

To be more specific, my friends have done actual mag testing, I'm just the only one who can ride and use a computer.

link no worky :thumbsup:

Classic... :ride:

He wants to be a mod and can't figure out how to post a good link.

Only kidding, only kidding...

:applause:

I don't know that I'd bother spending that much money on a pipe for a TTR. It is my opinion that these wonderful little bikes are built for fun. Making it a bit faster will only expose some serious suspension and handling shortcomings (compared to other more capable purpose-built bikes...WR, CRF-X, etc) that will only make you want to throw more money at your current bike. I would advise to either enjoy your TTR as it is, or to save your money, sell the TTR and buy something faster. Just my opinion. I bought a TTR225 for my better half and it is a kick in the pants, but S--L--O--W.

BTW, you didn't say if you had already done the 'free' mods.

There, that should work now. Sorry about that. :thumbsup:

thanks for the input. I'm now looking into a big gun.I'm at sea level, what size jets should i run? I'm also going to open up the air box.

I put the Big Gun on my wife's TTR ('02 'L' model). I did the airbox mod (remove the screen, snorkel, cut a couple holes in the airbox) and installed a NoToil (any hi-flow filter will do). First I put in a bigger main jet, but ended up putting the stock size back in (when we lived at sea level), now at 4700ft, all I did was put in a smaller pilot jet(by one size).

There, that should work now. Sorry about that. :thumbsup:

stil no worky!!!!!