Sign in to follow this  

First Race Nerves

Ok i am going to have my first mx race this weekend. I have been riding for a few years now but never been able to race. Tomorrow i am going with some friends to the track so that i can try and get some lines picked out and figure out where i can pass people and what not. But i am still kinda nervous i mean i know i can run mid to maybe top ten because i am able to keep up with the faster guys, but in practice i suck but when i chase people i dont care about anything else. Here's what i am thinking it is going to be like i am going to pack my stuff up at 5 am and leave at 5:30 it takes about an hour to get to the track. Then i will get a good parking spot go sign up,( i have a district and ama card so thats taken care of). Then my father is going to show up since i am 18 he dosent have to be there for practice and such i just want him there for my first race and for some encouragement because when i see him i push harder to do better because it makes me proud to see that he's truly happy, i just dont want to screw anything up. If anyone has any advice for anything like practice tomorrow or somehthing please let me know. i just want to be relaxed for tomorrow.

thanks

Josh

:ride::thumbsup:

But i am still kinda nervous i mean i know i can run mid to maybe top ten because i am able to keep up with the faster guys, but in practice i suck but when i chase people i dont care about anything else.

Race the track, not the guys near you. I made that mistake alot and it caused me to go slower. Just focus on STAYING CALM, if you hit "wig-out mode" you'll ride slower as well. Remember to BREATH or you will get tired quickly.

Remember slow is smooth, smooth is fast. I tell all my friends that, and just have confidence. But that quote you just said earlier, Just focus on racing the track, the fastest lines. When the gate drops dont worry about what this guy is doing, or how that guy sounds, or if that guy is going into the turn before you, because he may not have the fastest line.... thats why i say to focus on racing the track only.

Good luck dude!

Royal #11 - dist. 29

I would also suggest packing everythign up the night before. That way you are sure that you dont forget anything and you wont have to rush around right before you leave. Thats what I do anyway and it seems to help keep my nerves down a bit, because I dont have to worry about what I forgot. Also after practice before your first moto take a few mins. away from everything and give yourself a bit to calm your nerves. Staying calm will be your toughest battle. Good luck and keep it on 2 wheels. :thumbsup:

I see you are in michigan I was just wondering what track you are going to. I ride the 125c class, I just started racing this season and I will be at the caddilac race this sunday. If you have any skills at all when the gate drops pin it and get out front away from all the madness that will happen in the c class.

i live in michagin as well and would like to know what track your going to i race 125 b class im going to milan this weekend.

The best thing I can suggest is what Josh 27 said. Don't race other people in the C class just race the track.

C class is probably the most risky to race other guys. The person in front of you might be in front of you but might be inexperienced and all of a sudden switch lines on you so stay alert and try to feel out whats going on. Change up your lines if you have to. NEVER go into a turn that the perosn in front of you is in because if they dump the bike over what happens to you? You either fall, stall, or lose time.

hope that helps! Have a great time and good luck!

i live in michagin as well and would like to know what track your going to i race 125 b class im going to milan this weekend.

How is the track over there? I live in the detroit burbs so it would be alot closer than the 3 hour road trip I take to go race. baja was the closest to my house as I have been(1 1/2 ride) but that track was the roughest track I have rode on. I need to build my stamina and skills before I go there again.