Sign in to follow this  

Did the shock, do I need to do the forks?

I'm 228lbs and I got a stiffer 5.8 spring in the rear. I have the stock springs in my Marzocchi forks and I have no issues with them. I love the way my forks work. Some advice is telling me I need to have stiffer fork springs to balance it out. I have tackled some gnarly downhills with big rocks and I'm really pleased with my forks. Should I get stiffer fork springs even though I'm happy with what I have? Do I just not know what I'm missing? Thanks.

I'm 228lbs and I got a stiffer 5.8 spring in the rear. I have the stock springs in my Marzocchi forks and I have no issues with them. I love the way my forks work. Some advice is telling me I need to have stiffer fork springs to balance it out. I have tackled some gnarly downhills with big rocks and I'm really pleased with my forks. Should I get stiffer fork springs even though I'm happy with what I have? Do I just not know what I'm missing? Thanks.

Im no expert but I think so. I think the front and back work in such close concert together changing one affects the other.