Sign in to follow this  

Michelin S12 rear....changed?

I've been using this tire for the last few years on my WR and now on my 300. I've always used the 140/80 (I know it's more like a 120). This year I've noticed that the tires I'm getting here in Canada say made in Thailand. They use to say made in Spain and also they had a directional arrow(although the tread pattern looks the same either way). My last made in Spain tire made it through 2 races and at least another 15 hard rides (our terrain is pretty rocky). The Thailand tire is pretty toast after about 5-6 rides. Anybody else notice this on the S12's. Any insight here? :thumbsup:

i recently noticed this myself. i never understood why there was a directional arrow before, as the tire appears symetrical. i still flipped them.

i only have about 100 miles on my made in thailand s-12 & it does seem to be wearing a little quicker. too hard to tell at this point.

if the quality did in fact go down, i'll be dissapointed. i was loving this tire.

i have the Michelen new MS (new version of the MH3) and it doesnt have a directional arrow but it says made in spain..