I Need Help Deciding!!!!!

OK, I just got a 06 Saturn Vue and I'm stuck on whether to get a small cargo trailer like a 5x8 or 6x10 or whether to just get a bike carrier. There are so many bike carriers to choose from and I've heard a lot of positive and negative about all of them. Also I'm not sure how my vehicle will handle either the trailer or rack. It's a 6 cylinder with 250hp and I get about 28mpg. Any idea how much gas mileage I will be losing?

A saturn vue? I don't know how well that would do with a bike hauler... whats your tounge weight max load? Those bike haulers put a strain on your hitch, my Jeep Liberty is about as small of a car I would trust with a bike hauler. I'd suggest buying a small trailer, or cheap pickup, to haul your bike.

I vote for the trailer also, a hitch hauler puts a lot of wieght a long ways behind the rear wheels, acting like a teeter totter, especially on smaller vehicles. I really notice when my DRZ400 is on the hauler behind my Chevy C1500. An open air trailer 5x8 or so would be best as the wind resistance would be minimal, but an enclosed of the same size would be doable, I'd reccomend getting one with brakes though, and that may be tough to find.

I also have an 06 Vue V6. It will tow 3500lbs 350lbs max tongue weight. I'm shopping for an enclosed trailer, probably 5x8. The problem is these trailers are 800-900lbs empty so they will push that light car around a bit. Right now I have a cheap Snowbear open 4x8 trailer that is really handy because you can drive into a wash bay and clean the bike without removing it from the trailer. Unfortanately, the trailer bounces around alot and rattles like crazy on even the smoothest roads.

If I find a good replacement I'll post my findings

DR