Sign in to follow this  

Chaps?

I know that they are kind of gay but here is my delima. I use my DRZ to commute with and such. Generally speaking I wear shorts most of the time and I am worried about road rash if I were to wreck. I also ride my bike a good bit in the winter so I am also looking for someting to break the wind. I would love to have a layer that is quick and easy to get on and off so I was thinking about chaps. Do any of you know where I can get some that are not leather.

rodda

Look into textile... they make many different 'overpants' that can easily be removed. [i just can't imagine wearing chaps on a DRZ] [[of course, I can't imagine me ever wearing chaps no matter what]]

Here are some exampes.

http://www.newenough.com/product_group_mens_joerocket_textile.htm

The Joe rocket alter egos are pretty cool because they can be converted to be used in winter and summer.

Yes, I agree over pants are they way to go.

Chaps on a DRZ or anytime for that matter, I just can't see. If you do get chaps just don't tell anyone and no one will make any YMCA jokes... :thumbsup:

Any Husky or Stihl chainsaw dealer will have chaps in different colors. :thumbsup:

Look into textile... they make many different 'overpants' that can easily be removed. [i just can't imagine wearing chaps on a DRZ] [[of course, I can't imagine me ever wearing chaps no matter what]]

Here are some exampes.

http://www.newenough.com/product_group_mens_joerocket_textile.htm

The Joe rocket alter egos are pretty cool because they can be converted to be used in winter and summer.

I can highly reccomend these pants. I live in Atlanta and have worn them in 35-90 degree weather. They are comfortable and easy to get on and off. They have a rain liner for extra warmth and protection. They offer excellent protection when you lowside at 50 mph on your way to work on one of those 35 degree mornings :thumbsup: .

I know that they are kind of gay

Not at all, provided you are riding a horse.

At any other time they are more than a bit gay.

Full over-trousers are the only way to go, if you insist on shorts, unless you

are wearing leather shorts, and that is another story.

Neil. :thumbsup::ride::applause:

Not at all, provided you are riding a horse.

That was true some time ago... then they released 'Brokeback Mountain' :ride:

This being said, ANYTHING is better than riding in SHORTS!!! :thumbsup:

Chaps will NOT help you save your skin if you go down in shorts.

Dude...I guess I glossed over the part where you were going to ride in shorts. I used to ride my street bike in shorts....when I was young and stupid. Just not worth it....go visit a hospital where they are doing large skin grafts... :thumbsup::ride:

Chaps work great :thumbsup:

As long as you want to lose your ass on your next get off :ride:

Chaps will NOT help you save your skin if you go down in shorts.

Yes but if they stay on during a low speed spill and he ends up sliding on his ass, the road rash pattern will keep the ER personnel laughing for days...