Sign in to follow this  

tire size for maxxis 6006

I was wondering what everyone is running for tire sizes with maxxis 6006 and if they like them. I have heard good thing about them so far. I do about 70% on road with about half that on the highway. I want the same size as stock or a little bigger. I was going to go with kendra 270 but they are on back order till sept. Since I live in canada I need metric sizes when I order. Thanks for any help

hey Pedec

I have the maxxis 6006 I like them so far about 400miles 50-50 riding they are better on the street than I thought they would be. I got the 130-80-18 and 90-90-21. the rear is about 1inch lrger in dia than the stock TW so my bike sits a 1/2" +- higher than before...IDK if the fr is different if it is its not by much....I got them from bikebandit.com they had them on sale got em both for under $100

http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/Tires~a~3+36.aspx

Thanks for the help. What are they like on highway for noise and does it make it speed wobble any worse than deathwings.

I like mine on the rear 130/80/18 I am running a TKC80 front. I don't ride any highway but 70mph is no problem. I don't think they are loud and they handle great on the road. I have about 1k mi. and they are holding up well

I had a set and was very impressed with them offroad for a 50/50 tire. I only got around 2000km out of them. They are not a knobby off road but a good gravel and dry dirt tire. Mud and wet grass is not good.

I dont remember the sizes I used but I think it was a 130/90 rear, 90/90 front.

I just bought 6006s, 130/80 & 90/90, waiting for a new chainring before I install next week. Question, what psi to run on / off road? If the tubes look good (original tubes, 2,300 miles) run them again or replace and use as backups? Hope to be hitting the unpaved roads above Lenoir, NC next weekend!:cheers: