Sign in to follow this  

ttr50 idle

Does anyone with a ttr50 have an issue with the idling? when i ride it around it idles high when you stop after a few seconds it will idle way down. once its sitting there idling down and i adjust it so it barley stays running soon as you start ridding again and let off the gas its idling high again. the bike runs great i have a two bros pipe gytr filter and gytr jet kit in it. i have taken the carb apart to make sure everything is right and everything is good the slide isn't hanging up and the float hight is to what the manual says. anyone have any ideas? its not a big issue just kind of annoying.

Sounds like an air leak. Spray some brake cleaner or something around the manifold. If the idle changes, it's a air leak.

thought that was it but it wasn't. i am stumped i am just going to deal with it.

Sounds like your pilot is still way too lean. Try going bigger.

are you guys obsessed with jetting omg!

just adjust the idle screw to your liking if you dont have a tachometer

SEE MANUAL IT WILL HELP ALOT!

i agree, it seems like every problem discussed in this forum is diagnosed with jetting issues. Im pretty sure yamaha knows how to jet THEIR bike that THEY made. It's just rather funny. It seems that even suspension problems can be diagnosed with "your jets are too lean".

As for your problem man, I have no idea. I would start with an air leak inspection