Sign in to follow this  

Tight isn't always good

Hey can someone please shed some light on the easiest way to extract the carb on a 06 CRF 450x... I have an 04 TRX 450 and I'm learning I have been spoiled this CRF 450x takes alot more pateince when trying to get to it's insides :thumbsup::ride::applause: . Any help is appreciated.

put the bike on a stand then take off the seat, tank, radiator shrouds, then take off the airboot to the carb then the 2 lower bolts holding on the subframe. loosen the top bolts on the subframe then rotate the whole subframe up so it is out of the way. you can also take off the top shock bolt so you can mov the shock back and that will give you some extra room.

after that you gotta take off all the breather hoses, TPS and try to pull that huge carb out through all the hoses, wires and cables.

I don't have a 450x but on my cr250 all I do was remove the seat, bolts holding muffler to subframe(must remove right side panel), loosen air boot clamp, remove lower two subframe bolts and rotate the whole deal upward. Seems like it would be the same procedure and you don't have to remove the tank and air boot. I could be way off though.

I was going to check the clearance of the timing since I had a quick shot installled. I had no idea that the carb was that big....Crazy. Once I saw that I put it all back together because I couldn't figure how to actually take it out