Sign in to follow this  

dual stars mirrors, do they work??

i was thinking of buying these mirrors and i was wondering how good they are. does anyone have them? how practical are they? do they even work? good quality? what do you guys think?

dual star mirrors

sorry for the barrage of questions.

Allot of members here have them, it sounds like most of the people that do have them like them. I ordered a pair yesterday. :thumbsup: The are on backorder, supposed have them in about 2 weeks. :ride::applause:

I have them and they do work pretty well. I don't think they give as good as rear view as the stockers, but they look better and don't cause problems off road.

I love mine...and they have great customer service :thumbsup:

ANYBODY HAVE PICTURES?

THE ORIGINAL POSTER had pages of riding pics...horses...etc..NO MIRRORS?

Anybody have a pic(s) or web link to mfg?

Thanks

took forever to get mine, they kept telling me they were waiting for parts to make them with??

They work ok, definately not as good as stock but they look better and are out of the way

th_87aee3cd.jpg

th_9a98768b.jpg

They work ok, definately not as good as stock but they look better and are out of the way

I see you have them mounted quite a bit to the inside of the controls. I think my fat belly would be in the way of seeing anythign even close to behind me. Is it possible to get them out a little bit further, even if they start to be in the way of the kill switch etc?

What kind of rear viewing do these things provide on the street. I need to know if thats a cop behind me...

What kind of rear viewing do these things provide on the street. I need to know if thats a cop behind me...

I can tell by the flashing lights and wailing siren :thumbsup:

I've heard that some guys are popping off the flat mirror and putting on a convex one. They said that it helped your rear view. I want some too. I just can't make up my mind on how good I can see.

I could not see the cop behind me! Was let off with a warning though (speeding). This was with the convex mirrors as both stock mirrors have broken. I would not buy again. Instead just zip ty the convex mirrors yourself.

The Dual Star mirrors are only slightly convex, therefore the images are large enough to see. Three inch wide angle mirrors will fit the Dual Star frame but the images they provide are way too small to see anything. Dual Star mirrors work very well if you are on the slender side and/or you wear your armor over your jersey/jacket. A neat feature of these mirrors is that they are always ready to use and are well protected from damage.

I bought two $3.99 each Cat Eye rear view mirrors from a MB store and installed them on my bike today. Road on the highway and in town then took them off and put the stockers back on. I just couldnt see well enough behind me.