Sign in to follow this  

ramps

Getting back in to riding. Sold all my old stuff. looking to see what everone is using for a ramp, the easiest one for loading. I have a 2003 ram 1500 quad cab, it sits pretty high in the back. Any suggestions for loading and unloading by yourself?

I use a 2 x 6 and use a bike stand to stand on. Get a running start, run the bike up, step on the bike stand with one foot, put the other foot on the tailgate, and then put your other foot up. It's pretty easy if you can do it in one smooth motion.

Get the longest ramp you can. I use an 8ft curved ramp (it's about a foot wide). It's easy to load my dirt bikes. I just need a running start I can load and unload by myself.

I bought the curved ramp so I could also get my street bikes in and out of it. I use the engine and feather the clutch to get my street bikes into the truck this allows me to load and unload myself. If you use power just be sure to strap the ramp to the truck.

I have a Fly Racing ramp, but you can't load it by yourself because you have no where to walk up with a tall truck. Just go buy a quad loading ramp, that way you can walk up with the bike.

Just use the ramp at the end of this video .. costs nothing up front, but in the ER ... :thumbsup: