Sign in to follow this  

Helmet Cam owners, I have a question

Does anyone own the helmet cam set up from http://www.actionvideocams.com/

My camcorder's only A/V input is a single plug that looks like a headphone jack. This company looks like they use a RCA style plug which my camera does not have. I emailed them yesterday but have not heard back yet and wanted to see if anyone here owns this set up.

Thanks

You should have receive cables with your video camera when you bought it to download to a VCR or DVD. You plug the camera's cable into those cables and attach it to your camera. The camera's RCA jack should be yellow (video), you also have the red and white plugs for should (if it has a mic). Then there is also the black connector that goes into the battery pack.

Does anyone own the helmet cam set up from http://www.actionvideocams.com/

My camcorder's only A/V input is a single plug that looks like a headphone jack. This company looks like they use a RCA style plug which my camera does not have. I emailed them yesterday but have not heard back yet and wanted to see if anyone here owns this set up.

Thanks

I purchased one from ActionVideoCams. Your camera should have come with an A/V Cable that has the small single pin that goes into the camera and has three wires (yellow, white, & red) with male ends.

The cable supplied with the helmet cam should have the female counterparts that connect to your camera's A/V Cable.

I haven't used my kit yet on the trail, but I did hook everything up to test the system.

Hope that helps!

You should be able to go to Fry's Electronics or (short)Circuit City and pick up an adaptor cable with the RCA jacks on one end and the mini-AV jack on the other.

I got one from Monster Cable that was kind of over kill but it was all they had at the time.

I have a Helmetcamera.com setup.

If you have a Sony camcorder, helmetcamera.com will also sell you a LanC remote control push button that you can use to turn your VTR off/on and start/stop recording. It's much nicer than having to turn it on, stuff it in a pack or whatever and just leave it on till you're ready to stop. You can turn it on/off when you enter/leave the interesting sections you want to record.

Thanks for the heads up everyone. I scored the camera at a pawnshop so it only has the charging/power cable and a nice case so there were no other cables. I'll only use it for the helmet cam as it was cheap and if I break it my wife isn't going to be pissed. LOL

Ok, so I'm going to have to look for an adaptor that will plug into the single hole A/V input that will accomidate the RCA cables provided by the actionvideocam.com setup.

Thanks again everyone!

I just ordered the 480 Sony chiped helmet cam and Radio Shack has the A/V cable I need so things are looking up. Hopefully will have some footage in the next week or so.