Sign in to follow this  

checkin your oil (stupid question but ya need awnser)

Ok so i recently seized my crank at the track last friday and i was wondering how you guys check your oil? do you screw it all the way in or just sit it down in there then check it because iv been screwing mine all the way in and if thats wrong im running about half the amount of oil i need im runnin what the book says but ya i just want an awsner to why my damn crank seized after only 8 months of riding and good mantinance

The manual says to seat the dipstick against the threads, but don't screw it in. That's what I've done....... Successfully.

The manual says to seat the dipstick against the threads, but don't screw it in. That's what I've done....... Successfully.

same here :thumbsup:

You're not supposed to screw it in.

And you should run the bike till it's warm, then let it sit for a few minutes before checking the oil.

uh oh ya i always waited for the bike to be warm danm that sucks to know i basically :thumbsup: my bottom end because i was to stupid to read the manual :ride:

If you read the manual it will tell you the exact amount to put in each side. I would put in the amount it says. Dont trust the check bolt on Tranny side.

i always add a little more in my tranny the recomended.. usually about 40 cm3 more because i know a few people with 450s that seized up there tranny's from running the stock amount of oil, so i say better safe the sorry