Sign in to follow this  

how (exactly) can i do whip?

i am new on mx but i rode once and got 10th place out of 16 and i ride wr250f but i am seeing alot of people do whip when they get in air and i thought about it, if i do whip i might can control where i land so, i need a tip how to do whip, i am willing to take all tips and advices :applause::applause::ride::thumbsup:

This is a techinique best learned than taught...Basically, you have to begin a turn (lean the bike one way or another) on the face of a jump and unload the highside footpeg as you do this, then countersteer the front end to gradually correct the bike before landing...>Easy, huh ?

while going up the jump, don't go straight. Go on an angel, maybe 6 inches to the left. this will throw your bike slightly sideways. the more practice you have the more you will be able to hit it off center.

Try it.

and when you say lean the bike over do you just lean the over and keep your body strate just like you would in a fast sweeper? :thumbsup:

what do you mean also by unloud highside the footpeg thanx :thumbsup:

He means to take the wieght off of the outside peg. If your whipping the tail to the right, then take the wieght off of the right peg.

He means to take the wieght off of the outside peg. If your whipping the tail to the right, then take the wieght off of the right peg.

ok thanx do you also push your other peg out? thanx

and when you say lean the bike over do you just lean the over and keep your body strate just like you would in a fast sweeper? :thumbsup:

Instead of keeping your bike vertical to the jump face, slightly lean the bike to the left as you are about to leave the jump face, this will cause the rear of the bike to whip to the right. Vice Versa if you want to go the opposite way. Make sure you get the bike straightened out before you land, otherwise you will be in alot of pain, and probably need a new helmet afterwards. :ride:

heh yea i would like to get new helmets cuz mine sucks so i am gonna do whip and crash and break my helments so i can get new one hehe lol thanks guys i feel like it sooo easy but i am gonna try next time i am gonna go to the track

ok thanx ill just lean the bike a little bit to start of with the more i lean in the more i whip is that right? also what do i need to do with my body? do i need to twist hips ect? thanx

heh yea i would like to get new helmets cuz mine sucks so i am gonna do whip and crash and break my helments so i can get new one hehe lol thanks guys i feel like it sooo easy but i am gonna try next time i am gonna go to the track

Not a wise choice about crashing to get a new helmet. Did you forget your head is inside of it. :thumbsup::ride:

As they said before, say you are leaning to the left as you are going up the face.....have your hips on the left of the seat, as you leave the lip, turn you handlebars to the left and throw your hips to the right of the seat, you will get results quick like this. lol but seriously, thats what i do, and when you want to get it back, just climb onto the other side of the bike and throwing your shoulders into it has alot to do with it also.

hey ppl i have been racing since i was 12 and i am 16 now and i still cant do a whip can some please help me out so i can do a whip this thursday...i mean i can do a little one but i want to beable to do a big one like the pros...so can u help please?? hey if u can help then send me a message to my e-mail...heres my e-mail address...immortal_joey157@yahoo.com...write me please

why not do a search? you would probably have at least 15 different threads going into depth on how to whip. One thing i might suggest is going out and trying it on a mountain bike. You use the same technique

hey how do u know that will work for everyone???

well those people have tried it so it worth to try instead worry and not do it