Sign in to follow this  

best track in missouri

what do you guys think is the best track in missouri, i only know of 3 tracks in missouri one in lebanon, one in phillipsberg, and finger lakes, and finger lakes is the only one that can be called a motocross track, the other 2 have absolutly no elevation change.

Memphis and Kahoka are 2 I ride at...not many "jumps" just loooong natural terrain with a few table tops.... :thumbsup:

If those are the only 3 tracks in MO that you have sampled, the best is yet to come. Buffalo MX, Legends Raceway are only 15 miles apart and are great tracks in SE MO. Cabool MX in Cabool MO, Midwest Extreme Park in Merwin MO is great track. Up near KC you have Kingsville, Grain Valley MX and Knobbyhill MX in St Joseph MO. MMXP in Rolla. Then there are a handfull of tracks near St Louis. I have never been to Kahoka, but the reports are very good.

Where do you live? If you live near Springfield you need to check out Buffalo on a Friday night and Legends on a Saturday.

Kahoka was always my favorite. The rougher the better lol. Hwy65 is another track and the new track at lake ozark called riverbottommx. Yes moberly was good to me most of the times haha. The old possom hollow is back and it's a great track. Legends has a over/ under as does buffalo. So many to choice. But motocross is about adapting I love all tracks some more than others but you can't learn if you stay at one or two tracks.

I like Possum Hollow and Cabool the best. When Sprout Patch was around it was a great track too.

another vote for Kahoka! not sure if Mike is still running the show or if his son has taken over. havent been there in .... 6 years.

chris<pixelmonkey>:banana:

Kahoka is closed down, Mike said he was going to put a dam across the end of it and make a lake out of it.

"handful near St. Louis?" I only know of Action and hwy47. Let me know any others.

If those are the only 3 tracks in MO that you have sampled, the best is yet to come. Buffalo MX, Legends Raceway are only 15 miles apart and are great tracks in SE MO. Cabool MX in Cabool MO, Midwest Extreme Park in Merwin MO is great track. Up near KC you have Kingsville, Grain Valley MX and Knobbyhill MX in St Joseph MO. MMXP in Rolla. Then there are a handfull of tracks near St Louis. I have never been to Kahoka, but the reports are very good.

Where do you live? If you live near Springfield you need to check out Buffalo on a Friday night and Legends on a Saturday.

Kahoka is closed down, Mike said he was going to put a dam across the end of it and make a lake out of it.

HA! Sounds like something he would say!

Guess Merwin takes the title then!

is Hawk Point still in operation? havent been there since.... 1999.

nope, HawkPoint put in a $250,000 in lights and had some issues and closed up, i would say about 7-8 years ago.

Chris when is the last time you have been at Merwin, we have done a ton of things to the park in the last7-8 years.

nope, HawkPoint put in a $250,000 in lights and had some issues and closed up, i would say about 7-8 years ago.

Chris when is the last time you have been at Merwin, we have done a ton of things to the park in the last7-8 years.

last time I was in merwin was a road trip to KC in 2003. Hit the back roads and drove into over the border just west of the track. It was a friday night in June and sunny. no one around the track at the time. I pulled into the pits, looked around a bit and continued on down the road.

might have to road trip there again to see the changes.

I can't believe I forgot merwin. Sorry rj. It's def the top Mx track in Missouri with the only dedicated pitbike track. The only track I haven't gotten hurt at. The pit bike track hates me. The big bowl turn really hates me lol.