Sign in to follow this  

Wayne NF needs your feedback

The Wayne NF sent out an announcement asking for comments on a proposed new trail to connect the new Begley’s ATV Campground to the New Straitsville trail head. While any new trails in the Wayne are good things, this is particularly good because it links the trail system with local businesses. If you ride the Wayne or think you might some day, send a quick email letting the folks in the Wayne office know you support this new trail. Numbers count and you can bet the anti’s will be sending their hoards out to stop this. They always do. Here is a link to the mailer. It is a little over 500K but it’s worth the wait if you have Pony Express internet access.

http://home.earthlink.net/~hockingtrailrid...THE%20WAYNE.pdf

I just spent about 20 minutes on the phone with Jennie Freidhof, Assistant District Ranger. She appears to be a very nice and involved person. She was happy to talk with me about the trails and the future of the Wayne NF trail system. She says they have good things in the future and all they need is to hear what we want. We talked about bike only trails...YES THATS RIGHT SPORTS FANS...SINGLETRACK!!!! It probably won't be super serious singletrack, But they are aware that bike riders want narrow trails and they are going to make an effort. I guess that's all we can ask for. Also this trail going into town is a wonderful idea. How sweet would it be to be able to ride in for lunch! EVERYBODY needs to drop an E mail with your full name and where you travel from to ride Wayne NF. Send comments and encouragment to Jennie at.... comments-eastern-athens@fs.fed.us DO IT NOW!!!!

That trail is going to happen, its been planned for 2 years now.Some of it is going across private property so the enviro nazis cant say squat about that.

Same deal as the the Camp Ohio connector as far as connecting public trails to a private business-Again a Campground.

here is the link to the wayne site

http://www.ohiotrails.org/pdfs/NEW_TRAIL_IN_THE_WAYNE.pdf

I'd be all for it if I was even allowed to ride there.

how come your not allowed too ride there ?

Sent mine and got an auto reply saying "recieved" telling me they must be at leat semi-serious about this effort.

I've seen kids that looked to be about 6 years old on quads riding Wayne. As far as I know, there are no age restrictions.

You are correct but not if you aren't with and adult.. thats where I run into problems.

well next time we go down I will give you a pm im sure my dad would not mind , always looking for more ppl too ride with .