Sign in to follow this  

Picking up an '05 yz250 tomorrow =)

Just got rid of my '05 rm-z250. I'm pretty excited. I've heard alot of good things about the yz250. The bike seems to be in great shape. Pro circuit pipe and silencer, v force 3 reeds and a bunch of other stuff.

i'll post picks up soon. also is there anything I should know about the bike, or things i should do before i go out on the first ride??

thanks! :thumbsup:

Great choice on the bike!!! Usually posts like this are always saying..."Dude, you HAVE to spend 500.00 to get his or that."

This one will be different. I will explain how to make money and have a better bike when your done.

Step 1. Remove pro circuit pipe and sell on ebay. Replace wiht a stock 06 yz 250 pipe or a dep pipe. Money gain, probably 100.00 bucks. By doing this you will gain low end and midrange.

Step 2. Do the same with the v force reed. replace with stock. You wont gain or lose any performance. You will make money. Offer to shove this part straight up Mr Tassanari's ....well, you get the idea.

Make sure the piston and top end are in good condition. I plan to replace my stock piston, when needed, with a weisco. This motor is bulletproof and will last a long time. Pistons wear out and tend to shatter when ran too long. I usually rreplace all used bike pistons unless I KNOW the owner and trust his timekeeping skills. Many cracked pistons put out great compression numbers.......just not for long. Better safe than sorry.

Other than basic maintenance issues you may or may not have I cannot think of anything you need for this bike. Well, rear tires are an issue. save your lunch money. This bike eats rear tires. Too much fun to ride and easy to ride for many hours.

first and foremost....make sure the forks have been reworked or have someone do it. They are pretty darn good if set up correctly. Stock....they are so-so.

i agree with rcannon, except for the reeds. the v force reeds are far far superior to the stockers.

no way, the stocker reeds in this case are better, I tried both, and when I sold my bike I put the stock reeds back on and could not believe the difference in a crack of the throttle...

Hey guys, thanks alot for the help. Rccannon, yeah I was thinking about getting rid of the procircuit pipe/silencer. I dont really need it. Plus the stock pipe and silencer came with the bike :thumbsup: So I'll save some cash there!

It seems to run absolutely perfect, really crisp, but I'm going to inspect the piston anyway just to be safe.

Also, what are you guys using for fuel? The guy said he ran it with 30% race fuel. Anyway, I'm glad I got rid of the 4 stroke, can't wait to ride the thing.

Thanks again guys.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h69/davis_14/YZ250Medium.jpg

You will crap your pants when you feel the added low end from the stock pipe. The pro circuit pipe blows. Buy two of them. Shit on the first one, cover it up with the second.

Bad pipe.