Sign in to follow this  

Replacement Cylinder

I'm looking for a replacement cylinder for a 1998 KX 250. Where can I find a new replacement for one besides Ebay? Can anybody recommend some places to start shopping around at? Also, what kind of price range does a new cylinder fall into?

I know there's a replating/repair company that will trade you your cylinder for a replated one. I wish I could remember the name. Let's see if someone chimes in with the name.

I was going to mention checking out Eric Gorr's web site but it's down for maintnence. Search the web for cylinder plating. If the plating is worn out and no welding is needed to repair a gash then it should only cost about $100 plus shipping. There is a plating company on the east coast that gaurentees their plating for a year.

For a new cylinder, you might try Midwest Action Cycle's website. Look in the advertising sections of any dirt motorcycle magazine and you'll find lots of companies that will replate or bore and replate your cylinder.

My cylinder has been bored 40 over and sleeved. Can the cylinder be rebuilt, or should I just start with a brand new cylinder? I'm totally clueless as to what my options are when it comes with rebuilding the top-end. Would one of these companies trade my used cylinder for a fresh one?