Sign in to follow this  

Looking for Riding Buddies - Sacramento Area

I am getting back into the sport after a long hiatus. Won't say how long ago...

Looking for some adult riders to ride with and perhaps some other Father's that ride with their sons/daughters. I live in East Sacramento (near McKinley Park) and still exporing all the riding here in Nor Cal.

Also, equipment has changed tremendously since I raced many years ago, so I have to say I'm a rookie all over again. Also, learning to ride a four-stroke is a challenge and more fun than I thought it would be :thumbsup:

I'll monitor this area and look for rides in my area. Looking forward to meeting some new friends! Invitations are welcome as well!

I just bought a new CRF 450x and its not the greatest MX feel, but It handles like a dream (and green stickered). At least compared to what I'm used to... I used to spend a lot of dough to get my bike to handle like this does out of the crate!

Answer... either!

Welcome to TT, this is a great place for information and to meet new people to ride with.

If you're interested, I'm headed out to Prairie City this Sat. for a couple of hours 1st thing in the morning before all the yahoo's show up. (8 - 10 AM)

It's not the greatest place to ride but, since it's only 10 min. door to door it's convenient. If you still getting used to your bike it's a good place to practice your skills. :thumbsup:

HI! I too have just gotten back into riding....after a long hiatus as well... and have met some great people here that I have ridden with a couple of times. I found that Prairie City was the perfect place for me to re-acclimate to the sport.

Can't ride this weekend. :thumbsup: But I am always up for a few hours at Prairie city...any day of riding is better then sitting at home!

good bike, be sure to check in at the 450X honda forum, learn about modern 4 stroke valve clearance checking. Welcome to TT.

You are always telling me that my bike is a p.o.s. and that i should have bought something blue :ride::thumbsup:

Just kidding :applause:

As for sacramento are riders, well you found us. Big bob used to be the leader but now he has a HOT girlfriend

You have found the right place to hook up with other Riders that share your love of Dirt Bikes. You bought an X model Bike so I would think that you are more interested in Trail Riding. This Forum is that place to find Riding Bud's and places to Ride. Keep checking the posts and you will have no problem hooking up with Riders and places to Ride. Welcome to TT. :thumbsup:

To be honest, I wanted a full MX ride (the 450R). But with restrictions on Red sticker bikes, just can't justify the expense on such a short riding year. So I opted for the closest thing I could find to a full on MXer w/o the restrictions. I might return to competition but my primary interest is riding with my son and riding more casually (did I say that?).

I've been exploring the area (not originally from this area) and Prairie City is ok, with the kids, but doesn't offer much challenge (I jumped on Hangtown for a while, that was pretty cool).

I went to Carnegie last Sunday and found some challenging trails there, just a bit of trip and didn't like going alone, a bit risky, so I was extra careful.... Also been to Forrest Hill (NICE) and Mammouth Bar. Looking forward to a trip to Stonyford or Georgetown since I haven't been to either of those places yet and hear good things about them.

I think once you hit some of the high Sierra trails this group rides you'll discover you made the right choice for a motorcycle.

Hey there FPM,

Good to see you're getting back into the sport. I myself just came off about an 8 year hiatus. Great to be riding again.

I had the opportunity to ride a 450X at GT this spring (B-level rider, at least, use to be). I liked it quite a bit. For a good day's trail ride, it should be more than adequate.

I think as these guys have already suggested, watch the board here and trail rides will get posted. Lots of good people to ride with in the area, and lots of good places to ride.

If you're interested in getting back into moto, I'd be interested in hitting the tracks a time or two with you. I'm not much interested in racing anymore, but I'd really like to ride open practices for training. There is of course the Hangtown track at PC, which it sounds like you found. Marysville/Yuba City has E-street and Riverfront. At least, I think Riverfront is still open, but I'm sure E-street is. Both of those use to be really good. Dixon has Argyle. Haven't ridden Argyle or Hangtown. I'll be on more of an enduro mount (300 EX/C), but the little moto I've done on it, it feels pretty good...I think my skills will hold me back more than the bike. I'll post when I'm looking to head out (probably fall/winter as things have been hectic lately).

Welcome to ThumperTalk.

For info on an excellent family oriented Sacramento trailbike riding group click here.

I've been exploring the area (not originally from this area) and Prairie City is ok, with the kids, but doesn't offer much challenge (I jumped on Hangtown for a while, that was pretty cool).

I went to Carnegie last Sunday and found some challenging trails there, just a bit of trip and didn't like going alone, a bit risky, so I was extra careful.... Also been to Forrest Hill (NICE) and Mammouth Bar. Looking forward to a trip to Stonyford or Georgetown since I haven't been to either of those places yet and hear good things about them.

FPMX-You're more than welcome to join us on a high sierra ride (check post in this forum) this weekend. Only a 1 1/2-2 hr. drive from Sac. on Sat. and 1 1/2 hrs. on Sun. We'll show you some good trails and very interesting riding, nothing like it. :thumbsup: