Sign in to follow this  

jd jet kit question about o rings and accelerator pump

i have installed many jet kits but this is my first one with o rings for the accelerator pump.

i have a husky sm610 and plan on installing my jd kit and pipe

my question is if i install the o ring on the accelerator pump do i still get any gain from a boyseen accelerator pump cover? or does th o ring do the same thing as the new pump cover?

thanks guys

mike

What does the o-ring on the AP linkage actually do?

The oring allows the accelerator pump to apply greater force to the accelerator pump diaphram generating a more intense squirt of fuel to the carb. The oring slips over the accelerator pump adjustment screw and around the black accelerator pump linkage. The accelerator pump mechanism works more in unison.

Greg

i have installed many jet kits but this is my first one with o rings for the accelerator pump.

i have a husky sm610 and plan on installing my jd kit and pipe

my question is if i install the o ring on the accelerator pump do i still get any gain from a boyseen accelerator pump cover? or does th o ring do the same thing as the new pump cover?

thanks guys

mike

Matt has both the heavy oring and the boyesean cover installed on his wr450F, and his bike runs well and hits hard. Personally, I think you can spend $5.00 on a smaller leakjet, use the stock cover, and put the heavy oring on the accelerator pump and have similiar results with $85.00 more money in your pocket. My wr450F also hits hard with a 40 leakjet and the heavy oring installed.

Greg