Sign in to follow this  

transmission case cracked

i have a big problem my transmission case cracked on my 125 and the worse part is i wasent even riding my bike , the peice of sh** stnd gave out anf fell on the opposite side of the bikes transmission, it cracked around and down were you pore the transmission oil in(nere the gear shifter) and i was wondering how hard it is to replace, because i can find the part and was wondering if i could possible have some one weld it. if any one has a yz 125 motor for parts, year 2000

thanks

So, did the cases crack or was it just the side cover.

You can get a side cover here for about 100 bucks:

http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/oem_schematic_view~schem_dept_id~399729~section_dept_id~1~section_dept_name~OEM+%28Stock%29+Parts~dept_type_id~2~model_dept_year~2000~model_dept_mfr~Yamaha~model_dept_id~392213~model_dept_name~YZ125M.asp#stay

A competent TIG welder can weld it for you as well. If you are going to have it welded, make sure it is done with a TIG.

motocross, it wasent the cover it was the crank case but that was on there to it was a 102 bucks or sumthing thanks for the page. illl probly do that,but how hard is it to install also what is a tig wielder