Sign in to follow this  

Ttr125l

I am going to be jumping my ttr125l about 2 to 3 feet what do I need to do to it to make it take te shock of the hit a little better without spending a lot of money.

could u repeat in english? im not sure if you are meaning stock ( you can make it stiffer by tightening the shock nut (spin it down till the threads dont show)) or getting aftermarket suspension, i do 3-4 ft high all the time and if your not landing on flat or up hill its not that bad, get some 20wt oil and put in the front forks too

I was jumping my stock TTR all the time on 10-15 foot doubles. Never had a problem other than when I didn't keep the spokes tight, and they busted my hubs.

So you guys are saying that is not going to hurt my ttr if i jump it with stock suspension and no frame cradle (which i will eventually buy) on one of the other ttr forms guys were saying it puts to much stress on the bike and you needed to do a lot of work to it first. I have jumped it many times but after I saw that post it made me worry that i was going to break something. By the way I weigh 132 pounds.

With you're weight on the TTR, it might be your best best to get a frame cradle as soon as you can. Otherwise, its not going to hurt you doing 1-2 foot jumps.

10-15 doubles is a lie lol

but anyway u can adjust sag, preload, and compression damping on the shock

there are 2 things u turn up on the forks (i forgot what called) with a 10mm wrench

SEE MANUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WILL HELP ALOT look in chassis or insp/adjust section

u will not need cradle!!!!!!!!!! thats a scam because the frame wont stretch lol

it will crack or break --you should be fine on 1-3ft jumps lol thats very small

the few adjustments i listed above will help alot

there are 2 things u turn up on the forks (i forgot what called) with a 10mm wrench

SEE MANUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WILL HELP ALOT look in chassis or insp/adjust section

u will not need cradle!!!!!!!!!! thats a scam because the frame wont stretch lol

Calling me a liar? I know what I was jumping, kid.

I was jumping my stock TTR all the time on 10-15 foot doubles. Never had a problem other than when I didn't keep the spokes tight, and they busted my hubs.

ya i had to pay $25 just to put 1 spoke back in. been there done that. my 12 foot double goes in back to back. get the frame cradle. i dont need one right now cause i only weigh 110lbs.

could u repeat in english? im not sure if you are meaning stock ( you can make it stiffer by tightening the shock nut (spin it down till the threads dont show)) or getting aftermarket suspension, i do 3-4 ft high all the time and if your not landing on flat or up hill its not that bad, get some 20wt oil and put in the front forks too

for spinning down the nut. wont that show more threads? kind of confused. spinning it down makes the coil tighter or closer together so the shock is stiffer...right? :thumbsup:

for spinning down the nut. wont that show more threads? kind of confused. spinning it down makes the coil tighter or closer together so the shock is stiffer...right? :thumbsup:
lol, sorry i was ment on the bottom threads. i guess i forgot that part :ride:

We jump a 40 footer on our ttr. Just sack up, and stop complaining.

i jumped 50 footers with stock suspension. just land on my landing good and you really dont feel it. until you over shoot it. i got bbr springs and the cradles. i put 15 wieght fork oil in the forks. 4.8 inches from the top of the forks while they are conpressed. oh and i wiegh 120 lbs. those 4 things help alot. and the frame does stretch when i jumped the 50 footers i overshot it once by a little bit and i when i put the crale on the holes didnt line up. i just used a screw driver to pry it into the right place. my next summer ill have my dads wr 250f. hes geting and 07 wr450f :thumbsup:

ttrs for life! lol

WHA???????????????? i have a 35ft table at my house that i can clear on my ttr. and its right after a double. 10-15ft doubles are not real hard for a ttr.

I cleared it on my moms ttr125l with no frame cradle, it was completley stock. yamaha356 is not lying!!

WHA???????????????? i have a 35ft table at my house that i can clear on my ttr. and its right after a double. 10-15ft doubles are not real hard for a ttr.

I cleared it on my moms ttr125l with no frame cradle, it was completley stock. yamaha356 is not lying!!

i have a 30ft double that it will do with stock suspension.. it all depends on the lip and how fast your goin how far you can get it..i dont think id go much over 30ft with stock suspension :thumbsup: