Sign in to follow this  

My boy letting off some steam...

With the record heat lately, my kids haven't been able to ride too much so today my son asked if he could ride in front "to keep up on his riding".

Is it possible for a dad to say no in this situation? :ride:

He turned 5 last month and still can't touch the ground but that hasn't stopped him as he's now working on standing up and using his rear brake more. Man, I wish I was this focused at 5 (or at 15 :thumbsup: ).

Image453Medium.jpg

Image437Medium.jpg

Image455Medium.jpg

Image387Medium.jpg

Image418Medium.jpg

Image459Medium.jpg

nice, and if any of those houses in the backround are yours, they are REALLY nice!!

nice, and if any of those houses in the backround are yours, they are REALLY nice!!

Thanks...I had to go back and look and the only part of my house that you can see is my driveway and white truck. I'll tell my neighbors that you threw them a compliment though. :thumbsup:

I'm kind of the blue collar black sheep of the neighborhood. You know, the guy who always has his garage door open at 10:00 at night working on a bike or building some cabinets (or having your kid buzzing up and down the street on a noisy 2 stroke :ride: ). Most of the neighbors are cool but some seem kind of stuck up.

my neighborhood is full of pricks, we were ridin xr's and we got yelled at just goin down the street an 1/8 mile max to trails and we got yelled at constantly and got letters from the neighborhood about it, now its even hard to change the oil in the yz and the exc

my neighborhood is full of pricks, we were ridin xr's and we got yelled at just goin down the street an 1/8 mile max to trails and we got yelled at constantly and got letters from the neighborhood about it, now its even hard to change the oil in the yz and the exc

Yeah, I know it's only a matter of time before the street riding will have to stop because of a complaint. On the other hand, I'm always helping out some neighbor with a tool or advice so hopefully that'll buy me understanding from the neighbors. As like anything, it only takes one grandma to complain...

It's funny...all of the dad's think Ryan riding is the coolest thing and most of the mom's are like, "There's no way my kid will ever do something as dangerous as that"...complete ignorance.

sweet my kids do the same thing.. but i live in a culdasac. my boy is 3 and doing no footer jumps off a ramp like yours. i have no idea where he got the idea to do that from :thumbsup:

sweet my kids do the same thing.. but i live in a culdasac. my boy is 3 and doing no footer jumps off a ramp like yours. i have no idea where he got the idea to do that from :applause:

Well, where's the pics? :thumbsup:

Never mind...just saw the video :ride:

I see that your training wheels "axle" bent just like ours did!

Well, where's the pics? :thumbsup:

Never mind...just saw the video :ride:

I see that your training wheels "axle" bent just like ours did!

i bent it on purpose. i got tired of chasing him down when he would get stuck. so i bent them up and he hardly gets stuck at all.. he would never get stuck close to camp. always to far away to walk or run. so i would jump on my bike and chase him down. my daughter rides a ktm pro senior 50.. but its time for her to move up this season

i bent it on purpose. i got tired of chasing him down when he would get stuck. so i bent them up and he hardly gets stuck at all.. he would never get stuck close to camp. always to far away to walk or run. so i would jump on my bike and chase him down. my daughter rides a ktm pro senior 50.. but its time for her to move up this season

How old/big is she? I'm just curious...

Thats soo cool. I can't wait untill my son gets his 1st bike. He just turned two and can say all the major 4 brands and there colors, and knows the difference in between what a two stroke sounds like and a four stroke. To top that his turtle that he got for his 2nd bday is named Honda.

Ummmmm. I'm all for riding, but on the street? Come on. My son is 3 1/2, rides an XR50 with training wheels, and I wouldnt let him ride on the street. He asks all the time, and I tell him a dirt bike is for the dirt, not street. Why are you risking a fall on the street that really could take a toll on your son and the bike? I dont get it. You said it was hot, is it somehow cooler in the street? Take the kid in the dirt and let him ride, dont be a pansy because its hot. Just my opinion, dont get your panties in a wad.

Ummmmm. I'm all for riding, but on the street? Come on. My son is 3 1/2, rides an XR50 with training wheels, and I wouldnt let him ride on the street. He asks all the time, and I tell him a dirt bike is for the dirt, not street. Why are you risking a fall on the street that really could take a toll on your son and the bike? I dont get it. You said it was hot, is it somehow cooler in the street? Take the kid in the dirt and let him ride, dont be a pansy because its hot. Just my opinion, dont get your panties in a wad.

Let the guy decide where he wants his son, I ride up and down the road all the time, thats the only place I can max my 85l out at...

would the lawn be ok for you. whats the difference between the dirt bike and riding a bmx bike on the street. if the throttle stop is on then speed is not an issue. can fall off a bmx bike just as easy.. weight issuse, yes.but with a bmx bike most kids don't wear protective gear. my kids and the neighbor kids ride up and down the street all the time. we don't live next to a riding spot. it takes 1& 1/2 hrs to get to a spot to ride.

maybe were gettng them ready for supermoto.. they ride on the street

I have no problem with your criticsm because I am a safety nut and I appreciate your concern. However, my kids are geared up from head to toe. Furthermore, he is an excellent, aware rider who almost never crashes. He usually crashes because of a big gopher hole or rut that his little wheels can't handle.

Also, have you ever ridden desert (like some of the riding out here)? It can be easily as hard as the asphalt...not to mention some of the yahoo quad kid riders who come flying over little hills and can easily "take out" a little kid like mine. Truth be told, him riding in the street, fully geared up, under my immediate supervision is more safe than out in the desert.

And the "it's been hot" comment referred to the last 2-3 weeks...not that actual day.

Here's your soap box back... :thumbsup:

I have to add: This year, I have ridden in 25 degree weather (January) and 100 degree weather (last month) so I don't think I qualify as a pansy.