Sign in to follow this  

Oil cooler fot TTR 250

Hi there, i'm thinking about the oil cooler for my TTR and i want to know if there are any experiences about them on the TTR 250 from you in the States, i already read the ttr250.com about the oil cooler and found just a bit of info.

In your TTR 250 when you're going off road, have you had any problem of temperature with your bikes, i mean low speeds, great loads to the engine, etc.

Is the TTR the strong enough to withstand the heat? :thumbsup: , would it be really necessary to fit this oil cooler?

please, any comments welcome

Thanks in advance :ride:

Heat could well be a issue with the 250, It's the only reason I can think of for hacking off the back of the front fender.

Hi there, i'm thinking about the oil cooler for my TTR and i want to know if there are any experiences about them on the TTR 250 from you in the States, i already read the ttr250.com about the oil cooler and found just a bit of info.

In your TTR 250 when you're going off road, have you had any problem of temperature with your bikes, i mean low speeds, great loads to the engine, etc.

Is the TTR the strong enough to withstand the heat? :thumbsup: , would it be really necessary to fit this oil cooler?

please, any comments welcome

Thanks in advance :applause:

I have never had heat related problems with my bike. I've ridden in temps of about 105 F and as long as you keep air going to the engine you should be fine. Turning the motor of if your going to be stoped for a minute or to (intersection, waiting for slower riders) will help keep temps in check. The oil cooler is overkill unless you're riding singletrack in 115 F degree heat all day...which in that case I question your judgement and intelligence :ride:

thanks mate, today i spoke to a Racer, he was running ttr 250 quite years ago, and he told me never heard a problem with heat on the TTR, he said the only way to kill that engine is running with no oil, he told me not to worry with heat unless you are in desert with 110ºF and then it could be an issue :thumbsup:

Like what has already been said, this bike has no heating problems. As for the oil cooler if your talking about the cooler specifically made for the TTR250 I believe Yamaha no longer makes it.