Sign in to follow this  

2006 Sikk Mx 125...

September 2006 Issue of MXA said," This bike COULD be a hoot to ride,BUT, as it sits, IT'S A BUZZ KILLER." Crappy shock, Crappy Transmission ( False Neutrals, Gear spacing, and overall shifting), and after ten minutes it's on the verge of overheating forcing the rider to stop and let it cool.. Doesn't sound like pep boys is gonna lose any customers to SIKK...

The Sikk MX midsize Oldschool brought to MX207 didn't have overheating issues that I observed. Did they actually break the motor in properly and tune the jetting, or just go out and thrash it while it was still way tight?

The Sikk MX midsize Oldschool brought to MX207 didn't have overheating issues that I observed. Did they actually break the motor in properly and tune the jetting, or just go out and thrash it while it was still way tight?

We all know those MXA Guy's are rookie's!!! You should get a job there and whip those punks into shape!!!

We all know those MXA Guy's are rookie's!!! You should get a job there and whip those punks into shape!!!

Heh. : ) That said, I've not heard of other reports of Lifan 120 machines overheating after just 10 mins of runtime. I've got one in my Pro Mini, granted I've also got an oil cooler but it's not overheated yet.

Nate,, come on dude,, You can afford an Issue of MXA! LOL :thumbsup:

This is true. I just have not seen a copy in the local Grocer's. I will hit up B&N or Borders.

I talked to Jimmy at sikk and he said the new motor is not a lifan he said it is sikks motor the built it in the states and has them produced over seas if it is an lifan where can I get a big bore kit and cam and how much

Interesting... going to have to look that other bike over again as the motor appeared to be identical to mine including it's problem with staying in 2nd gear... : )

I talked to Jimmy at sikk and he said the new motor is not a lifan he said it is sikks motor the built it in the states and has them produced over seas if it is an lifan where can I get a big bore kit and cam and how much

Ha Ha Ha.....Its definetly a Lifan 100%. I can tell you this We called Sikk Mx on Monday about a Motor Issue they asked a few reasonable Tech questions and a new Motor is on the way.

If anyone is having a Problem with a Sikk Mx Bike Call and ask for Jimmy D.

Ha Ha Ha.....Its definetly a Lifan 100%. I can tell you this We called Sikk Mx on Monday about a Motor Issue they asked a few reasonable Tech questions and a new Motor is on the way.

If anyone is having a Problem with a Sikk Mx Bike Call and ask for Jimmy D.

Sikk sent me a new Motor about 6 months ago. But neither motor had an overheating problem. Everybody says its a Lifan motor, but nobody will give any help info., on what mods to get, and where to get them....f-ing amazing

also you gotta realize these magazines test only high class well built bikes, like works bikes, and BBR bikes...so after riding those and testing a 1500$ bike its gunna feel like junk to them

and why would they say good things about a Chinese brand when sikk's competitors are BBR and other big name brands pay alot to be in these magazines

also you gotta realize these magazines test only high class well built bikes, like works bikes, and BBR bikes...so after riding those and testing a 1500$ bike its gunna feel like junk to them

and why would they say good things about a Chinese brand when sikk's competitors are BBR and other big name brands pay alot to be in these magazines

Well said :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::ride: Thats not true @ all...They had good things to say about the Falcon ZRF 125 which retails for $1299.00..

:thumbsup::ride: Thats not true @ all...They had good things to say about the Falcon ZRF 125 which retails for $1299.00..

My buddy down the street has one,it a good little bike!